London, Manchester or Nottingham Watch

Avina21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to get a foundation degree in Art & Design and so I want to know which institute will be the best for me. Istituto Marangoni London, MMU Manchester or Nottingham Trent International College?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Avina21)
I want to get a foundation degree in Art & Design and so I want to know which institute will be the best for me. Istituto Marangoni London, MMU Manchester or Nottingham Trent International College?
Is this a 1 year foundation diploma that you use to apply for a BA or a 2 year foundation degree?

Man met is the only one of those three that offers a proper foundation diploma as far as I’m aware. The others don’t give you a recognised qualification.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When it comes to doing foundation years, often times you are picking the university you want to go to beforehand.

You need to understand what partnerships are in place and demand clear transparent information as to where you can and can't apply later.

There are a few foundations in the UK that are more widely accepted and give you flexibility, the foundation i did was Oncampus London (Cambridge Education Group) which allows you to apply anywhere except Oxbridge once you have finished.

There however also is INTU foundation, Kaplan pathways.

I would always first decide the institution i plan to apply to and ask them directly what foundation years/degrees they accept and make a decision based off that information.

PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The MMU art and design foundation diploma is a free standing course with a recognised UK qualification that’s accepted by all UK universities for entry onto a creative degree.

The other two are just foundation years that have no external moderation or monitoring and will not be accepted by all universities.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Glad to hear you are considering us.

PQ is right, our Foundation Diploma is a stand-alone qualification. It is a level 3 qualification, so it carries UCAS points, a lot of our Manchester School of Art students complete this qualification before applying to study a degree course with us but you can go on to apply to other universities with this qualification. It is different to a foundation degree, as those are at levels 4+5, whereas this is a level 3 qualification. This course helps students develop the necessary skills and portfolio to apply to a range of art and design degree courses.

One thing to note is that as it is a level 3 course, you can't apply for a tuition fee and maintenance loan for this course. So if you are thinking about living away from home you would need need to factor in financing this. If you are under 19 at the start of the course, course fees are free (Subject to confirmation for 2020 intake).

Please just let me know if you have any more questions about the course or studying with us.

Charlotte
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
Hi,

Glad to hear you are considering us.

PQ is right, our Foundation Diploma is a stand-alone qualification. It is a level 3 qualification, so it carries UCAS points, a lot of our Manchester School of Art students complete this qualification before applying to study a degree course with us but you can go on to apply to other universities with this qualification. It is different to a foundation degree, as those are at levels 4+5, whereas this is a level 3 qualification. This course helps students develop the necessary skills and portfolio to apply to a range of art and design degree courses.

One thing to note is that as it is a level 3 course, you can't apply for a tuition fee and maintenance loan for this course. So if you are thinking about living away from home you would need need to factor in financing this. If you are under 19 at the start of the course, course fees are free (Subject to confirmation for 2020 intake).

Please just let me know if you have any more questions about the course or studying with us.

Charlotte
I suspect given that NTU international foundation is one of their options that the OP is international and would be funding their tuition fee and maintenance costs from private funds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%