Help wit biology and chemistry revision!!! Watch

Anonymous_000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am going into year 13 next year and I want to secure all my AS knowledge before going into year 13. I have been lazy throughout the year and did minimal to no revision for bio. I need to get predicated an A and achieve that. Can anyone give me tips on how to go about my biology revision and do questions as well? I also want to do as many past papers for both as I can. What revision tips would you recommend for bio and chem, how do you achieve A stars and A’s ?Thanks in advance.
BeaHive45
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HA if you did minimal revision so far I would say you need a good spoonful of luck aswell as revision tips...

As for my two cents, i am a visual learner so I took all my class notes and created concise revision notes with diagrams and bullet points, so I wasn't wading through my huge book of notes every time I needed to check an answer. Mindmaps were really great, as well as using flashcards to learn definitions and chemical equations.

Also past paper past papers past papers! You can never do enough of them IMO, especially since the exam board tends to follow a structure or style in their questions. Good luck!
Anonymous_000
Rep:
?
Thank you, I’m also a visual learner. Just don’t know how to start my revision so or where to start. For bio, did you make mind maps on every single topic or sub topic and how didn’t u go about making them?
(Original post by BeaHive45)
HA if you did minimal revision so far I would say you need a good spoonful of luck aswell as revision tips...

As for my two cents, i am a visual learner so I took all my class notes and created concise revision notes with diagrams and bullet points, so I wasn't wading through my huge book of notes every time I needed to check an answer. Mindmaps were really great, as well as using flashcards to learn definitions and chemical equations.

Also past paper past papers past papers! You can never do enough of them IMO, especially since the exam board tends to follow a structure or style in their questions. Good luck!
BeaHive45
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So for bio I went through each topi and set of class notes, highlighting the key points I had written and typing them up. Then I found relevant diagrams online and put them in. I did between 2-8 pages for each topic but this differed between how key and how long my class notes were on them. You can also take a look at the syllabus for your course online and make sure your notes cover everything on there.

Even by making the notes you are revising as you go over the topic and condense it! And then you can use the notes for more revision.

The mind maps I made after my revision notes - I wanted to have clear, concise notes to use to make the mind maps rather than the long rambling pages of class notes!

Which exam board are you doing?
(Original post by Anonymous_000)
Thank you, I’m also a visual learner. Just don’t know how to start my revision so or where to start. For bio, did you make mind maps on every single topic or sub topic and how didn’t u go about making them?
Anonymous_000
Rep:
?
Thanks, I do aqa, for bio, shall I do the questions off PMT and would you recommend the text book for revision?
(Original post by BeaHive45)
So for bio I went through each topi and set of class notes, highlighting the key points I had written and typing them up. Then I found relevant diagrams online and put them in. I did between 2-8 pages for each topic but this differed between how key and how long my class notes were on them. You can also take a look at the syllabus for your course online and make sure your notes cover everything on there.

Even by making the notes you are revising as you go over the topic and condense it! And then you can use the notes for more revision.

The mind maps I made after my revision notes - I wanted to have clear, concise notes to use to make the mind maps rather than the long rambling pages of class notes!

Which exam board are you doing?
Last edited by Anonymous_000; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%