University of Leicester Leniency Watch

SteveyCook
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had my conditional offer change today at the University of Leicester as my they had received my BTEC results. My initial offer at the university was D* D* B, i have now received the two D*’s but i’m now just waiting on the A Level results, I have a strong feeling i will obtain a grade 2 lower than the offer, I just wanted to ask how lenient the University of Leicester is and if anyone has been accepted into a course with 2 grade lower than their Offer.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's still possible you'd get your place, but it will depend on how many offers Leicester have given out this year, and how many people achieve their offers. It might be that they "fill" the course with people who've achieved their offers, and then you'd be rejected.

If lots of people miss their offers, then Leicester will probably look at the individual applications on a case by case basis and decide who they want to accept. They may have more applicants than places, or may think they can pick up some extra applicants via clearing if it's a popular course, so they may not let in everyone who misses their grade.

Unfortunately, there won't be any hard and fast rule, so you'll just have to wait and see.
SteveyCook
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
It's still possible you'd get your place, but it will depend on how many offers Leicester have given out this year, and how many people achieve their offers. It might be that they "fill" the course with people who've achieved their offers, and then you'd be rejected.

If lots of people miss their offers, then Leicester will probably look at the individual applications on a case by case basis and decide who they want to accept. They may have more applicants than places, or may think they can pick up some extra applicants via clearing if it's a popular course, so they may not let in everyone who misses their grade.

Unfortunately, there won't be any hard and fast rule, so you'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks i hope i get it i think i’ll be 2 lower the expectations. Do they look at Ucas points or the actual grade offer
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SteveyCook)
Thanks i hope i get it i think i’ll be 2 lower the expectations. Do they look at Ucas points or the actual grade offer
If you've been given your offer in grades, then you do need to achieve the stated grades to be sure of your uni place, but if you meet the UCAS points, that may work in your favour on results day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (219)
12.46%
Excited (165)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.52%
Terrified (388)
22.07%
Meh (180)
10.24%
Confused (38)
2.16%