alicedyson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so i really want to study psychology at university, does anyone have any advice on which universities are the best? or if there is anyone currently studying psychology at university, where do you go and what is the experience like?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are your predicted grades? Campus or city?
studytheblurb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi!! I am commenting just so that I can watch this post
tacobeth
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think the ‘best’ university is subjective to each individual, think about what you want from your university experience and make your judgements from that.
personally, I’m going to apply to study psychology at the university of manchester as my first choice as they’re city based, a single site
Last edited by tacobeth; 1 year ago
ephemeral02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im in the same boat as you and im probably going to apply to oxford, bath, ucl, st andrews and durham. i'd take a look at a few unis, if you're having trouble finding good ones maybe look at league tables but don't follow them too religiously. there are certain features of each which appeal to me, such as the placement year at bath, so it really just depends on what you want from it
AimeeC9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyy! I'm currently a psychology student at Warwick and wrote a blog post about things I love about studying Psychology here. I'll link it below for you as it pretty much explains it all, but I can't really say anything on behalf of other uni's as I've had no experience with them, but I would say make sure that the uni teaches you with up-to-date psychological research and gives you the chance to write conduct and write your own mini research reports as research is a key part of psychology. Look at their lab facilities to. Another thing is to look at modules. Whilst BPS accredited courses must cover certain aspects of psychology the content within those modules will differ slightly by uni. Optional modules offered will be very different as well, so bearing in mind that psychology is real broad, make sure that they do offer topics that you find interesting.

https://universitywithaimz.blogspot....-studying.html
alicedyson
Rep:
?
yeah I agree, i should probably do a little more research but i'm still sorta conflicted about what i want from uni

also, good luck in manchester! i hope it goes well for you
(Original post by tacobeth)
I think the ‘best’ university is subjective to each individual, think about what you want from your university experience and make your judgements from that.
personally, I’m going to apply to study psychology at the university of manchester as my first choice as they’re city based, a single site
Last edited by alicedyson; 1 year ago
username4368056
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve just finished the psychology course at Canterbury Christ church University. I would visit the unis you are interested and go from there. You will get a feeling from each one! I visited a few and then as soon as I walked on to the cccu campus I knew it was for me! Also look at the modules they offer and the specialities of the staff as you’ll want one that has the same interests as you for your dissertation. Also look at how they test you, I hate exams and cccu is mostly course work only 1 or 2 exams a year so it was perfect for me. Feel free to ask me any questions
alicedyson
Rep:
?
thank you for replying! i read your blog and i found it really interesting. i think that i'll have to look more into modules and facilities when looking at the courses
(Original post by AimeeC9)
Heyy! I'm currently a psychology student at Warwick and wrote a blog post about things I love about studying Psychology here. I'll link it below for you as it pretty much explains it all, but I can't really say anything on behalf of other uni's as I've had no experience with them, but I would say make sure that the uni teaches you with up-to-date psychological research and gives you the chance to write conduct and write your own mini research reports as research is a key part of psychology. Look at their lab facilities to. Another thing is to look at modules. Whilst BPS accredited courses must cover certain aspects of psychology the content within those modules will differ slightly by uni. Optional modules offered will be very different as well, so bearing in mind that psychology is real broad, make sure that they do offer topics that you find interesting.

https://universitywithaimz.blogspot....-studying.html
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied for royal Holloway and Southampton chose these uni’s because they’re not too far away from me (which was very important to me) but also because I liked the structure of the degree, the flexibility and they also accepted a 4 in maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (142)
62.28%
I don't have everything I need (86)
37.72%

Watched Threads