Master retake Watch

Student 77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
heres some context as i feel like i might be confusing - i appreciate a quick response

please note, i am in a london university, hence this means i come under UK students

i did my undergraduate degree (3 years) from 2015-2018
- passed it all, no retakes etc

following this, i jumped straight into a Masters (postgraduate) in 2018 and i am currently scheduled to finish next month (September 2019), i have just found out that i have failed one module which i must retake next year.

My question is, will student finance fund this for me? they funded my undergraduate and current masters. so im not quite sure what to do as i cannot afford to pay it. for the record, because i am only having to retake one module instead of the whole course the price is only 1,500 instead of the usual 7,000
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello,

If you’ve received the maximum entitlement then we wouldn’t normally fund you for a repeat year. If the reason for repeating was due to Compelling Personal Reasons then we may be able to award you an extra years funding but you’d need to provide us evidence confirming the reasons you’ve had to repeat.

Thanks, Erin N.
Student 77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi, there was no compelling reasons or anything like that, but i have just been told to redo a module for next year. im curious because i always hear others who retake a year and get funding. i have no history of doing retakes, dropping out etc. i really need the funding. are you sure? what does the maximum entitlement mean btw. like i said i have never abused the system, never had to retake, never dropped out and started another course/another uni. i hope this mean i can get the funding for the retake. the price is much smaller aswell consdiering its only one module meaning the price is 1,500 rather than 7,000
Last edited by Student 77; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
If you have no Compelling Personal Reasons then you will not be funded to repeat a module.

Thanks, Isaac.
(Original post by Student 77)
hi, there was no compelling reasons or anything like that, but i have just been told to redo a module for next year. im curious because i always hear others who retake a year and get funding. i have no history of doing retakes, dropping out etc. i really need the funding. are you sure? what does the maximum entitlement mean btw. like i said i have never abused the system, never had to retake, never dropped out and started another course/another uni. i hope this mean i can get the funding for the retake. the price is much smaller aswell consdiering its only one module meaning the price is 1,500 rather than 7,000
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.51%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.75%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.4%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.69%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.25%