uni reference Watch

tvshowaddict2112
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently in year 12 and I asked my teacher whose leaving for a reference for uni applications and he said yes and that he would email it to me but all he gave me was his email address.

what do I do with this???
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Husky018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Email him and chase him up...
tvshowaddict2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by Husky018)
Email him and chase him up...
now or when applying to uni????
Husky018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Right now. Get the reference done and ready for when you apply to University. Are you planning on going via clearing? Or are you not applying this year?
(Original post by tvshowaddict2112)
now or when applying to uni????
tvshowaddict2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by Husky018)
Right now. Get the reference done and ready for when you apply to University. Are you planning on going via clearing? Or are you not applying this year?
well I'm only in year 12 at the moment. I will be going into year 13 in september, which is around the time I will be applying for uni.

I just dont know what to do because he said he would write me one and send it to me so why did he just send me his new email??
Last edited by tvshowaddict2112; 4 weeks ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well I'm only in year 12 at the moment. I will be going into year 13 in september, which is around the time I will be applying for uni.

I just dont know what to do because he said he would write me one and send it to me so why did he just send me his new email??
Because that’s all you need.

When you apply through ucas apply as an individual (not through a centre/school using a buzzword). The reference section will ask for contact details for your reference. Fill it in if you can - if you need more details then email your teacher and ask them for all the required contact details. Ucas then email your teacher for them to add your reference
tvshowaddict2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Because that’s all you need.

When you apply through ucas apply as an individual (not through a centre/school using a buzzword). The reference section will ask for contact details for your reference. Fill it in if you can - if you need more details then email your teacher and ask them for all the required contact details. Ucas then email your teacher for them to add your reference
oh! ok! I was so confused. nobody has evey really explained the whole referencing thing. it now makes so much more sense. thanks so much for clearing that up!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh! ok! I was so confused. nobody has evey really explained the whole referencing thing. it now makes so much more sense. thanks so much for clearing that up!
No problem

Your reference has to be added before you can submit it to ucas so make sure you give your referee plenty of time to write and add the reference before the deadline.
tvshowaddict2112
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
No problem

Your reference has to be added before you can submit it to ucas so make sure you give your referee plenty of time to write and add the reference before the deadline.
ok, thank you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%