ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A102 (BMBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Foundation (Year 0)) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...ndation-year-0

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
Teacup:)
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm currently working towards getting on the medicine degree with foundation year at Plymouth University. I'm 23 years old. I've looked on their website and nothing says it's only for direct school leavers, nor does it say mature students welcome. But on the 5year medicine degree, the page states the entry requirements for direct school leavers AND mature students. Also, at the open days, no one asked about my age (but I do look young for my age) Would I be rejected for my age?
Has any mature student been accepted onto a medicine course with foundation year?
Gregor99
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi
So the foundation programme is new this year with the first cohort starting in September so there isn't much prescedent out there I would have thought.
However it might be worth asking on the current Plymouth med thread for people who applied this year and hope to be starting in September as there are some people who have posted that have offers for the foundation programme that might be able to help.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5555922
The best thing to do is email the med admissions team as they are the people to contact about this sort of question.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi
I am a mature student aspiring to study medicine (with a foundation year) in 2020.
Anyone applying or gotten onto the course?
Are the courses with a foundation year competitive?
Would a mature student (23yrs) stand a chance applying to a foundation year course?
What were your expirences like studying on the foundation year for medicine?
Many thanks
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I want to apply for 2020 entry. I know the foundation year is new to the Uni. Does anyone know if the foundation course is competitive and popular?

Thanks
SKhagrid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am thinking about applying here to do medicine but I havent done A level biology and they require that. I do A level Maths and chemistry with one other subject. Do you guys think I have any chance of getting accepted to their foundation year course
SKhagrid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SKhagrid)
I am thinking about applying here to do medicine but I havent done A level biology and they require that. I do A level Maths and chemistry with one other subject. Do you guys think I have any chance of getting accepted to their foundation year course
I have also emailed the university and now just waiting for a reply
z2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is the UCAT like with plymouth in foundation year medicine as i have not done particularly well
Hazzabear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z2002)
What is the UCAT like with plymouth in foundation year medicine as i have not done particularly well
They don’t do a UCAT with the foundation year
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
They don’t do a UCAT with the foundation year
Oh wow that's so great!!
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With the eligibility criteria in plymouth gateway medicine, do you have to have at least 4 to apply? and would that mean an instant rejection if you dont have that?
Hazzabear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z2002)
Oh wow that's so great!!
It just makes it more competitive.
Mckailer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does Plymouth interview everyone who meets the entry criteria? If not how do they select people for interview?
Hazzabear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
Does Plymouth interview everyone who meets the entry criteria? If not how do they select people for interview?
Yes, the university will do interviews to applicants who meet the criteria.
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just to make sure, this course is for undergraduates as in people who don't have a degree? my friend is confusing me
Mckailer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z2002)
Just to make sure, this course is for undergraduates as in people who don't have a degree? my friend is confusing me
Yes:
"We welcome applications from home/EU direct school leavers, students who have not achieved a first degree, and refugees currently residing in UK/EU. All applicants must have achieved the required A levels, or equivalent level qualification, no more than five years prior to submitting a UCAS application."
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
Yes:
"We welcome applications from home/EU direct school leavers, students who have not achieved a first degree, and refugees currently residing in UK/EU. All applicants must have achieved the required A levels, or equivalent level qualification, no more than five years prior to submitting a UCAS application."
ah right thank you
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi anyone else applied to Plymouth
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Teacup:))
I want to apply for 2020 entry. I know the foundation year is new to the Uni. Does anyone know if the foundation course is competitive and popular?

Thanks
Hey did you end up applying
Can’t find anyone who’s applied for Plymouth
Wajidlatifi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I’ve applied to this course. If anyone here live in Plymouth or have been to Plymouth can you please tell me about the city. Last thing I want is to be stuck in a place I don’t like for 6 years.

Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (217)
70.23%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
18.77%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
11%

Watched Threads