suf6799
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Wajidlatifi)
Hi guys,

I’ve applied to this course. If anyone here live in Plymouth or have been to Plymouth can you please tell me about the city. Last thing I want is to be stuck in a place I don’t like for 6 years.

Thank you.
Hi what are your stats like
Also have you sent off your eligibility forms yet
Thanks
Mckailer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by suf6799)
Hi what are your stats like
Also have you sent off your eligibility forms yet
Thanks
have you received the eligibility forms yet?
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
when are eligibility forms usually sent?
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
have you received the eligibility forms yet?
No but in the website is says we need to submit letters to the email proving our eligibility ???
It are they gonna send us forms
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
so are we supposed to send it ourselves?
cherry1011
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
so are we supposed to send it ourselves?
You only need to send it for Free school meals/16-18 bursary as that's something that isn't stated on your UCAS application
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cherry1011)
You only need to send it for Free school meals/16-18 bursary as that's something that isn't stated on your UCAS application
what letters do i send to prove this
also does anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview or how competitive it is ie.ratio
cherry1011
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what letters do i send to prove this
also does anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview or how competitive it is ie.ratio
Ask your school to provide you with a letter to prove you receive bursary or free school meals, scan it and send to them. They decide who to call for an interview based on the contextual indicators, how many do you meet?
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Has anyone heard back yet from the university, not including acknowledgement emails?
cherry1011
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
Has anyone heard back yet from the university, not including acknowledgement emails?
Nothing yet
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview as I emailed them and they said they don't rank gsce or personal statements or require ucat so how do they decide???
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
anyone know how they decide who to call for an interview as I emailed them and they said they don't rank gsce or personal statements or require ucat so how do they decide???
I believe that they interview everyone who meets the entry requirements, so, therefore, do not then use GCSE grades and personal statements to create a cut-off score for interview.
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
wouldn’t that be more competitive?
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
wouldn’t that be more competitive?
Common sense would say so, especially given the fact that they do not require UCAT or high GCSE grades, so applicants who have bad scores will be flocking to this course.
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
oh damn 😳
ggwannabe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know if Plymouth Medicine Foundation Year accept GCSE resits
*I've emailed them but they are not getting back to me*
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
how would they know if you have resit a GCSE?
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
how would they know if you have resit a GCSE?
As on UCAS when inputting your qualifications you have to list them all including ones you have failed. If you have the same qualification twice on different dates then it is clearly a resit.
z2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
oh my school only told me to put my highest grade gcses and not resits. I dont think it would affect how they may perceive your GCSEs, i think they’ll just look at your highest grades if you have put your resits
Mckailer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
oh my school only told me to put my highest grade gcses and not resits. I dont think it would affect how they may perceive your GCSEs, i think they’ll just look at your highest grades if you have put your resits
Its actually stated on UCAS that you have to declare all of your qualifications, as it's dishonest to say you achieved a grade that you didn't on the first sit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads