The Student Room Group

"Send Her Back! "

Why hasn't Trump been impeached? How is it he's in public office and allowed to say these things? Why are people STILL defending him? If Trump isn't racist, what is???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsMania
Why hasn't Trump been impeached? How is it he's in public office and allowed to say these things? Why are people STILL defending him? If Trump isn't racist, what is???

I thought it was the crowd?
Original post by 999tigger

He didn’t do anything to stop them.
I <3 Trump. He's the gift that keeps on giving. It was absolutely hillarious watching the Dems tripping over each other like a bunch of clowns. They're so unelectable.
Original post by joe goldberg

True but the OP suggested he said it. which appears to be false.
Reply 5
Wow, what an Eureka moment for Trumpophobes! Nothing racist at all in his comments.
Reply 6
Worse things have happened in american politics..
I mean its trump.What do we expect.I don't understand how people are coping with him.Like above poster said worst thing to happen in american politics.It's insane.In today's world people doing that.Damn.Literally no comment.
because his die hard supporters still think the sun shines out of his ass
Reply 9
Original post by Kill3rCat
I <3 Trump. He's the gift that keeps on giving. It was absolutely hillarious watching the Dems tripping over each other like a bunch of clowns. They're so unelectable.

Original post by z-hog
Wow, what an Eureka moment for Trumpophobes! Nothing racist at all in his comments.

How do you interpret his comments, if you support what he said?

For reference, here are his combined tweets:

[indent]'So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!' [/indent]
Reply 10

Original post by joe goldberg

True but the OP suggested he said it. which appears to be false.

He did practically say it. The crowd's chants are a direct result of him suggesting that the congresswomen go back to the "totally broken and crime infested places from which they came".

I guess it should be noted that 3 of the targeted congresswomen are American-born and the other is a naturalised American citizen. And, in case it isn't blatantly obvious, it should also be noted that they have been elected to government and so have every right to voice "how [their] government is to be run".
Original post by Ascend
He did practically say it. The crowd's chants are a direct result of him suggesting that the congresswomen go back to the "totally broken and crime infested places from which they came".

I guess it should be noted that 3 of the targeted congresswomen are American-born and the other is a naturalised American citizen. And, in case it isn't blatantly obvious, it should also be noted that they have been elected to government and so have every right to voice "how [their] government is to be run".

Pactically isn't the same as actually.
The significant thing about the event imo wasnt Trump but the delegates.
Reply 12
Pactically isn't the same as actually.
The significant thing about the event imo wasnt Trump but the delegates.

An irrelevant semantic difference between what he said and how his supporters embraced it.
Reply 13
Original post by Ascend
How do you interpret his comments, if you support what he said?

For reference, here are his combined tweets:

[indent]'So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!' [/indent]

Where does race come into it then? I know this sounds really stupid to Trumpophobes but can you even begin to make a case for it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by z-hog
Where does race come into it then?

In the obvious and traditional use of the racist "go back to where you came from" trope that targets ethnic minorities, as Trump has done. Many (all?) Democrats as well as some Republicans have been vocal against Trump's government. They are also as American as the congresswomen he targeted in his rant.

I'll ask again if you support what he said and how you interpret it.

Seeing as he was the one who said it originally (or tweeted it) and it was at his rally, it's pretty disingenuous to feign ignorance over his direct role in this.
Original post by artful_lounger
Seeing as he was the one who said it originally (or tweeted it) and it was at his rally, it's pretty disingenuous to feign ignorance over his direct role in this.

I am not feigning ignorance nor am I being disingenuous. I thought we were talking about the rally and the more disturbing aspect of the chanting. I thought that was the more significant issue rather than what he tweets.
I am not feigning ignorance nor am I being disingenuous. I thought we were talking about the rally and the more disturbing aspect of the chanting. I thought that was the more significant issue rather than what he tweets.

Believe it or not what he tweets has a direct affect on how his supporters act in and out of the rallies.

Also that doesn't change the fact as the holder of the executive office he is lying about a congresswoman's background, inciting racial hatred, and himself espousing racist rhetoric.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ascend
In the obvious and traditional use of the racist "go back to where you came from" trope that targets ethnic minorities, as Trump has done. Many (all?) Democrats as well as some Republicans have been vocal against Trump's government. They are also as American as the congresswomen he targeted in his rant.

What traditional sense, he would have said exactly the same thing were they white as chalk. He would say and feel exactly the same way about AOC were she white, which would be no obstacle to her roots. It's Trumpophobes who are so commanded into measuring everything by race that they don't even stop to think about little things like that. He dislikes them not because they have foreign backgrounds or of their race, they are the ones who bat off any form of criticism with the race card and the feminist victim hood. Amplified by the friendly media channels, how can anyone doubt his comments are racist when they hear and read it 24/7?

They spend their time on racist attacks on white people with the constant banging of the 'white supremacy' evil, I resent that as much as Trump does. They incite hatred towards immigration officers tasked with carrying out the laws passed in the same Congress they sit in. They advocate letting millions walk into the US at will over the years without a shred of contemplation for whatever impact that might have. They are as loyal to the US as Philby was to the UK. They are making a great living out of it, shielded by the racist shriek at every single instance.

The public examination of people's thoughts doesn't yet command an obligatory declaration of support for what anyone says, I couldn't care less how he words it but I understand how he feels and see nothing racist in his comments. There's nothing racist in what he said.
Original post by z-hog
Where does race come into it then? I know this sounds really stupid to Trumpophobes but can you even begin to make a case for it?

The fact all four women are from ethnic minorities.
If you were to say those comments to anyone from an ethnic minority they would take it as being racist because those words have a long history of being used in such a way. I am surprised even you are unable to comprehend the significance.

Quick Reply

Latest