Why Are People So Obsessed With Climate Change? Watch

iiiice-kreem-man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Why do people have so many debates on whether it is real or not instead of looking at the destruction we have done to the environment? Sure it could be man-made or natural and stuff (like many people like to believe), but why do we almost always direct our focus to that instead of accepting the fact that we are destroying the environment? I'm just fed up with the whole 'environmental problem' being brushed off as 'climate change' or 'global warming'. What about deforestation!? And the scale of it!? Plastic in the ocean?! Overfishing?! etc etc... I bet the average person probably couldn't even care less since everywhere the problem is only being described as climate change. I see almost no emphasis on the physical damage we are doing to our environment. Ecosystems are dying out and we're still discussing whether climate change is real or not. Smh

Sorry for my little rant, I'm just feeling angry that most people do not seem to care about how sh***y our environment is becoming.
Last edited by iiiice-kreem-man; 7 months ago
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You are right. But also, isdues such as deforrestation and plastic soup are also being discussed.

I think the issue is that as a topic it is too big. People need simple practical things they can do easily. Otherwise, arguing the toss becomes more desirable.
poppy345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by iiiice-kreem-man)
Why do people have so many debates on whether it is real or not instead of looking at the destruction we have done to the environment? Sure it could be man-made or natural and stuff (like many people like to believe), but why do we almost always direct our focus to that instead of accepting the fact that we are destroying the environment? I'm just fed up with the whole 'environmental problem' being brushed off as 'climate change' or 'global warming'. What about deforestation!? And the scale of it!? Plastic in the ocean?! Overfishing?! etc etc... I bet the average person probably couldn't even care less since everywhere the problem is only being described as climate change. I see almost no emphasis on the physical damage we are doing to our environment. Ecosystems are dying out and we're still discussing whether climate change is real or not. Smh

Sorry for my little rant, I'm just feeling angry that most people do not seem to care about how sh***y our environment is becoming.
Communists who have absolutely no interest in the environment are pushing the man-made global warming hoax in order to depopulate and control people.
Ethereal001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Exactly. People are focusing on the PROBLEM and not the actual SOLUTION and the ugly truth is: in the large scale of things there isn't much we can do about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads