The Student Room Group

I'll Get Sacked Again

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fermion.
Similar thing happened to me in my last job and I got terminated. My new job is amazing. Everything happens for a reason.

How long ago was this termination
Original post by bones-mccoy
If it helps OP I'm also in **** at the moment. My boss asked me to do something I wasn't trained to do which led to a fire the following day. The company are now trying to pin it on me and I'm going to be put through a disciplinary. Luckily I'm leaving next week but it's still horrendous.

It doesn't help because I generally don't like seeing people suffer but what happened anyways? How long were you working there and what did you do that you weren't meant to?
Work with me daddai
Original post by keptinside
Work with me daddai

ur mental
Original post by Bang Outta Order
ur mental

ur mean
Original post by keptinside
ur mean

yeah
yeah

Good
You won’t, keep your head high and stay strong. Ignore them and just keep working hard. Hope things work out for you :hugs:
I got terminated in May and got a new job by mid June that’s higher paid and better hours so my ex employer can suck on that :lol:
How long ago was this termination

It doesn't help because I generally don't like seeing people suffer but what happened anyways? How long were you working there and what did you do that you weren't meant to?
I got terminated in May and got a new job by mid June that’s higher paid and better hours so my ex employer can suck on that :lol:

Wait...THIS MAY? Like..a couple wks after I made my thread about getting terminated?? Jeez...how long were you there for? Why didn't you say anything?
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
You won’t, keep your head high and stay strong. Ignore them and just keep working hard. Hope things work out for you :hugs:

I exhaust you, don't I? Me and all my issues.
I exhaust you, don't I? Me and all my issues.

:nope:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:nope:

:sadnod:
:sadnod:

:lies:

Spoiler

I was there for 2 years and like the other user I was told to do something I wasn’t actually trained to do. I considered appealing but in the end realised that environment was toxic for me anyway and the termination lead me to get a better job with better pay. I was honest to my current employer about what happened at my previous job and they didn’t even care as they appreciated the honesty. Hence why I always believe everything happens for a reason. It worked out better for me in the end :smile:
Wait...THIS MAY? Like..a couple wks after I made my thread about getting terminated?? Jeez...how long were you there for? Why didn't you say anything?
I was there for 2 years and like the other user I was told to do something I wasn’t actually trained to do. I considered appealing but in the end realised that environment was toxic for me anyway and the termination lead me to get a better job with better pay. I was honest to my current employer about what happened at my previous job and they didn’t even care as they appreciated the honesty. Hence why I always believe everything happens for a reason. It worked out better for me in the end :smile:

What did you do? Tell me.
Original post by 3456ftg7y
Lol you can't blame other people for you both being retards.

Then who can you blame ?
First of all don’t call me a retard, and second of all you know nothing about my life or me to even make that assumption so get your head out your arse.
Original post by 3456ftg7y
Lol you can't blame other people for you both being retards.

So I work in a supermarket cafe and was asked one night to drain the oil from one of the fryers we use. Simple enough but I wasn't trained to do it, only managers and team leaders are trained to do anything with the fryers except cook with them. At the time it didn't really click that I hadn't been trained cause the task was so simple, just one of those things that's obvious when you think about it. I ended up not switching the front of the fryer off, only the master switch on the back wall, so when my colleague arrived in the morning and switched it on it started heating but with no oil inside = fire.

Whole store evacuated, fire brigade have come out, all very dramatic etc etc. So it was sort of my fault however I should never have been asked to do it as I wasn't trained. I got hauled in for an investigation, as did the girl who was working on the morning and my manager and told that I should have said no to my manager and refused to do it. Apparently it's being escalated to a disciplinary but my last day is next Friday so I don't really care. I also found out later on that my manager had said she hoped I took the blame as I'm leaving and she'd get off with nothing.

But all this is after 10 months of being spoken to like dirt, being sworn at, treated with no respect, given the wrong shifts every single week, being threatened with disciplinaries if we don't attend staff meetings on our days off even though there's nothing in the contract about them, being told we're not getting paid for staying past close even if there's still work we're expected to complete before we leave.

So good riddance.
Oh and to the person who called me a "retard" - good luck in life cause you clearly haven't got very far :smile:
Original post by bones-mccoy
So I work in a supermarket cafe and was asked one night to drain the oil from one of the fryers we use. Simple enough but I wasn't trained to do it, only managers and team leaders are trained to do anything with the fryers except cook with them. At the time it didn't really click that I hadn't been trained cause the task was so simple, just one of those things that's obvious when you think about it. I ended up not switching the front of the fryer off, only the master switch on the back wall, so when my colleague arrived in the morning and switched it on it started heating but with no oil inside = fire.

Whole store evacuated, fire brigade have come out, all very dramatic etc etc. So it was sort of my fault however I should never have been asked to do it as I wasn't trained. I got hauled in for an investigation, as did the girl who was working on the morning and my manager and told that I should have said no to my manager and refused to do it. Apparently it's being escalated to a disciplinary but my last day is next Friday so I don't really care. I also found out later on that my manager had said she hoped I took the blame as I'm leaving and she'd get off with nothing.

But all this is after 10 months of being spoken to like dirt, being sworn at, treated with no respect, given the wrong shifts every single week, being threatened with disciplinaries if we don't attend staff meetings on our days off even though there's nothing in the contract about them, being told we're not getting paid for staying past close even if there's still work we're expected to complete before we leave.

So good riddance.

:toofunny: you actually caused a fire!?? Honestly..that's pretty ****ing amazing lol. When you move on from this to bigger better things, it'll certainly make a terrific anecdote. This is why I don't apply to restaurants, not even being a barkeep though I'm constantly offered positions since I'm a regular at pubs and a people's person hehe. But I'm just afraid that I'll burn something! But my situation wasn't like THAT. I just didn't understand a Turk lol who wanted a refund AND an exchange....but I told the supervisor that he wanted just the exchange, since you don't get a refund as WELL. He thinks this is some flea market in the desert. You get one or the other here. The supervisor got mad saying you should have told me he wanted a refund an hr ago. ***** bye. Use your head and problem solving skills SUPERVISOR.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending