How to come out to Muslim parents? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm Muslim too. But also gay
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Do u live with them? If yes then it won’t end well. Most likely they will kick u out or something. If u already have a home of ur own then go ahead. The most they can do is disown you.

(Original post by Anonymous)I'm Muslim too. But also gay
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
just dont. problem solved
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
Not yet. Network with other gay muslims. And watch out for the fake muslims who will tell you how greatly sinful you are and that you must supress your sexuality and go for a sham heterosexial marriage to please the community and family. Ridiculous!
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
You can be gay or lesbian and have feelings for people of the same sex but can’t act on your feelings.
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just gradually start acting more camp.
Anonymous #5
Report 4 weeks ago
This is seriously harsh and I am speaking my opinion sorry I am going to be blatant...
You cannot be gay and muslim at the same time.
If you want to hide it and stay gay, know that you cannot hide it from Allah.
Your in a sticky one. If I had to give you some advice it would be to make duaa and pray.
People with this opinion annoy me so much because we all sin just in different ways, doesn’t mean that somebody isn’t Muslim just because they sin in a different way to you.

It is not possible for most people to change their sexuality and for people to struggle with it is just another way in which we may be tested like with other things in life. It’s not up to you to decide who is Muslim or not !!

OP this is a difficult decision to go through with and you must make sure that your safety comes first; make sure that your parents will care for you no matter what and help you before you come out to them. And make sure you have other communities and people on hand to help.
verycoolperson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People with this opinion annoy me so much because we all sin just in different ways, doesn’t mean that somebody isn’t Muslim just because they sin in a different way to you.

It is not possible for most people to change their sexuality and for people to struggle with it is just another way in which we may be tested like with other things in life. It’s not up to you to decide who is Muslim or not !!

OP this is a difficult decision to go through with and you must make sure that your safety comes first; make sure that your parents will care for you no matter what and help you before you come out to them. And make sure you have other communities and people on hand to help.
1. some sins are that which takes one outside the fold of Islam
2. anyone who has knowledge on takfir may perform it

This is seriously harsh and I am speaking my opinion sorry I am going to be blatant...
Your in a sticky one. If I had to give you some advice it would be to make duaa and pray.
one can have attractions towards the same gender and still be a Muslim this doesn't take them outside the fold of Islam
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you see what i mean all you gay Muslims out there, including the ones in the closet or in heterosexual "marriages" you cannot be a real muslim! And " you cannot hide from Allah" Do you see how ridiculous and judgemental some of these so called muslims can be? You can actually be gay and Muslim. Also you can marry someone who has already had children! Didn't Mohammed marry Khadija?
Aspiringdentistt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I dont want to be disrespectul as this is your opinion and you have the right to think and believe whatever you want. With that said, I do still believe you should respect other people's opinions, views and life style, even if you dont believe its right, you still have to respect it. I personally dont agree with you, which is completely fine as I still respect that thats how you feel and thats your opinion and your believes. I just think religion is a personal thing, if you think you cant be muslim and gay sure! if I think you can be muslim and gay sure! at the end of the day, religion is between you and your god. So I do believe people shouldnt rub their religion on other people or their opinions. Yes we have the Quran, but your understanding of it might be different to mine (some people take the literal words, and some take the meaning behind it), that doesnt mean your bad, or Im bad, it just means thats what we believe and thats it. Just respect others, dont rub your religion on everyone and you should expect the same back!

Aspiringdentistt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
May I ask, how old are you?
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aspiringdentistt)
I dont want to be disrespectul as this is your opinion and you have the right to think and believe whatever you want. With that said, I do still believe you should respect other people's opinions, views and life style, even if you dont believe its right, you still have to respect it. I personally dont agree with you, which is completely fine as I still respect that thats how you feel and thats your opinion and your believes. I just think religion is a personal thing, if you think you cant be muslim and gay sure! if I think you can be muslim and gay sure! at the end of the day, religion is between you and your god. So I do believe people shouldnt rub their religion on other people or their opinions. Yes we have the Quran, but your understanding of it might be different to mine (some people take the literal words, and some take the meaning behind it), that doesnt mean your bad, or Im bad, it just means thats what we believe and thats it. Just respect others, dont rub your religion on everyone and you should expect the same back!
Yes. This is seriously the most intelligent and understanding post regarding religion that i have yet to read on these tsr threads. More power and respect you!
Moe_00
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by verycoolperson)
2. anyone who has knowledge on takfir may perform it
What one earth are you on about? No one on this website can perform takfir, and no one should. We all sin and don't know the intentions that are in people's hearts. Only god can judge that and judge our sins it's not our place to perform takfir.

Now more specific to the OP, you can't change your feelings but you can decide how to act. You shouldn't engage in any sort of sexual activity outside marriage, just like a straight person. You should look for something else in your life to keep you fulfilled.
kali8603
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Run as fast as you can don't look back
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
How old are you? If you are in any way dependent on them for living or income. DO NOT DO IT.
You run the massive risk of being kicked out and disowned as many threads on TSR will testify.
There is very little upside in telling them until much later in life.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aspiringdentistt)
May I ask, how old are you?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
Not yet. Network with other gay muslims. And watch out for the fake muslims who will tell you how greatly sinful you are and that you must supress your sexuality and go for a sham heterosexial marriage to please the community and family. Ridiculous!
Fake muslim?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't help it
Fearful of telling them.
Dont do it. Wait until you are an adult, then leave Islam. You cannot be muslim and homosexual. Feel free to be your best self.
joerickard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not a muslim so I can't empathise with you in that regard, but I get the difficulty of being gay and having to come out to your family. It's so difficult. I just wanted to say don't listen to all of these people who are telling you that you can't be who you are. I came out when I was 15 and it was the hardest thing I've ever done but I'm so glad I can just be who I am now. Never be ashamed of who you are. You'll find your own way through all of it, but like you said you can't help it, and it's not your fault, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I used to hate that I was gay so much, for six years I fought against it but now it's one of my favourite things about me because it makes me who I am and I finally accept myself. Anyway man hope you make the right decision for you and no one else. It's your life and your journey, you don't belong to anyone else. If your parents are majorly homophobic and you know they are maybe just wait until you've moved out before telling them. Timing is everything. Keep your head up. Things will get better, I promise!
Anonymous #6
Report 4 weeks ago
My depression and toxic behavior stopped when I started manning up and started telling myself not to be so weak and that it not acceptable to cry but instead do something that is productive rather than doing activities that won't help the situation like crying or moping around waiting for someone else to fix me.
(Original post by FTheOpps)
That's just today's society unfortuately

When we're ourselves they say we have 'toxic masculinity'
We're not the way we're supposed to be....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (70)
14.14%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.99%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (196)
39.6%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.25%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise