Lose fat and put on muscle?? Watch

Big_Smoke9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in my second year of training and for this summer I’ve been trying to lose some fat to become leaner. I was about 20% body fat and have recently lose about 5% id day in about 5 weeks while working out and eating less than when I was bulking but making sure I reach my protein requirements- if not more. But I’m a bit confused, have I been building muscle? I feel like I have, and I’m still technically a highish body fat% for a lifter so can I build muscle and lose fat? It could be just because I’ve become leaner? I won’t be losing much more fat but I’m basically trying to find out if I do this again next year will I be gaining any muscle?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nabilahhh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
shameful_burrito
I think you might be able to help 🙈
Jonathan1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can build muscle and lose fat at the same time, if that's what you're asking. You could try calculating your body fat percentage and monitoring this. If the numbers are looking good and you feel stronger, it's probably working!
Big_Smoke9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Jonathan1995)
You can build muscle and lose fat at the same time, if that's what you're asking. You could try calculating your body fat percentage and monitoring this. If the numbers are looking good and you feel stronger, it's probably working!
Yh I thought so too, but a big YouTubed by the name scotthermanfitness did a whole video debunking it and it seems very logical. So that’s why I’ve become unsure but Yh if I can measure a change then it is likely happening
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.49%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.85%
Terrified (381)
22.23%
Meh (169)
9.86%
Confused (37)
2.16%