University of Law - Clearing 2019 Watch

The University of Law Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was set on studying at The University of Law, however I did not achieve the required ABB. Instead, I took a gap year in which I traveled and gained legal experience at my local Citizens Advice Bureau. I applied the following year with my same grades and got a place through Clearing.

Getting into a university through clearing is not a bad thing at all! I have never once felt disadvantaged because I did not get as high grades as my fellow classmates.

Every university will have clearing hotlines. The University of Law’s is 0808 253 7822 or alternatively head to https://www.law.ac.uk/clearing/ where you will find a guide on how to apply through clearing, a handy checklist and top tips.

There is one disadvantage of going through clearing no matter which University you are considering; you are not guaranteed accommodation. However, there are always options! I went onto spare room and found a flat with other law students which I loved. My University does not have a campus and so I did not miss out on the experience of halls/ making friends because everyone was travelling in!

If anyone is thinking of applying through clearing or has any questions please comment down below or message me :-)

Tasha
Third year LLB Law student London Bloomsbury
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by She-Ra; 3 weeks ago
Eleazar3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
I was set on studying at The University of Law, however I did not achieve the required ABB. Instead, I took a gap year in which I travelled and gained legal experience at my local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Getting into a university through clearing is not a bad thing at all! I have never once felt disadvantaged because I did not get as high grades as my fellow classmates.

Every university will have clearing hotlines. The University of Law’s is 0808 253 7822 or alternatively head to https://www.law.ac.uk/clearing/ where you will find a guide on how to apply through clearing, a handy checklist and top tips.

There is one disadvantage of going through clearing no matter which University you are considering; you are not guaranteed accommodation. However, there are always options! I went onto spare room and found a flat with other law students which I loved. My University does not have a campus and so I did not miss out on the experience of halls/ making friends because everyone was travelling in!

If anyone is thinking of applying through clearing or has any questions please comment down below or message me :-)

Tasha
Third year LLB Law student London Bloomsbury
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Overall how has it been in terms of the course and the lecturers?

I'm thinking of applying to this uni through clearing but I heard that it was mainly mature students that go to this uni, which is no problem btw but just imagine it being hard to make friends being 19 years old
The University of Law Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m more than happy to Eleazar!

I love my uni. I’m typically in for 4 hours a day, 3 times a week. The 4 hours are made up of a 2 hour lecture (100-150 students) and a 2 hour seminar (where you’re in groups of 10-15 ish) which allows loads of time to do the prep tasks/ work/ spend time having fun. The lecturers are genuinely amazing and most of them are qualified as solicitors or barristers so they really know what they’re on about rather than just an academic reading from a textbook!

In your first year you study 6 compulsory modules, split into 2 semesters. In your second and third year you get to pick 3 modules within each year :-)

I wouldn’t say it’s majority mature students at all! In my lectures I would say there’s roughly 15 mature students and the rest the ‘normal’ age or one year older like me! Over at the Moorgate campus most of the students are mature but that’s because Moorgate is where the LPC is studied (the course you take after finishing your law degree if you wish to become a solicitor). The law degrees are studied at the Bloomsbury campus although you can go to whichever to revise etc.

I really do love my uni so will obviously talk it up but my best advice would be to go to an open day! And go to open days of other Uni’s too to really get a feel and see which you like the best

I hope this has helped and if you have any more questions please let me know!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I love my uni. I’m typically in for 4 hours a day, 3 times a week. The 4 hours are made up of a 2 hour lecture (100-150 students) and a 2 hour seminar (where you’re in groups of 10-15 ish) which allows loads of time to do the prep tasks/ work/ spend time having fun. The lecturers are genuinely amazing and most of them are qualified as solicitors or barristers so they really know what they’re on about rather than just an academic reading from a textbook!

In your first year you study 6 compulsory modules, split into 2 semesters. In your second and third year you get to pick 3 modules within each year :-)

I wouldn’t say it’s majority mature students at all! In my lectures I would say there’s roughly 15 mature students and the rest the ‘normal’ age or one year older like me! Over at the Moorgate campus most of the students are mature but that’s because Moorgate is where the LPC is studied (the course you take after finishing your law degree if you wish to become a solicitor). The law degrees are studied at the Bloomsbury campus although you can go to whichever to revise etc.

I really do love my uni so will obviously talk it up but my best advice would be to go to an open day! And go to open days of other Uni’s too to really get a feel and see which you like the best

Postgraduate courses like the LPC and GDL are studied at Bloomsbury as well as Moorgate. I sincerely hope there are no Law degrees in the country where the lectures are just an academic reading from a textbook
Eleazar3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank you😊😊😊
Diamond355
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, omg I'm Also thinking of apply to ULaw but if I'm not mistaken, I swear There's only Manchester Campus available if studying Law, which is what I want to do through clearing, I wouldent mind mature students but I see your point tho😹 I'm 18 years old but I really hope this all goes well.
(Original post by Eleazar3)
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Overall how has it been in terms of the course and the lecturers?

I'm thinking of applying to this uni through clearing but I heard that it was mainly mature students that go to this uni, which is no problem btw but just imagine it being hard to make friends being 19 years old
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (244)
13.76%
Impatient (218)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise