The Student Room Group

Most Cringy Relationship/Crush Moment?

So, I see all kinds of things on here about relationships, and things that happen that are a bit weird or embarrassing. I thought we could get together and make a thread about the most embarrassing or weird things that have happened either in a relationship, with someone you have a crush on, or with someone who has a crush on you!

Go go go!

----

Mine..

With my ex. I was a virgin, and he'd had sex with several women (so he said). We'd just done it, and he pulled out and started panicking because the condom was wet on the outside so he thought it'd split. He didn't realise that it would be wet because girls got wet. So he had definitely lied about being with other people (and to be fair, his technique - i.e. thrust and pray - confirmed this anyway.. it never got much better!)

With someone who had a crush on me.. we were out as a group, and I knew this guy had had a crush on me for ages. We'd been in the same group of friends since early high school and he'd asked me out several times. I'd always been straight with him, I thought he was great, but just didn't like him in that way. Anyway, my now-boyfriend was there. We were already together but still keeping it a bit quiet.. for no other reason than to make sure it was going to work.. so I just gave him a quick hug as I was leaving. I'm not one for hugs really, so I never hugged my friends goodbye, ever. The guy who had a crush on me ran after me to my car and asked for a hug. I just laughed and said don't be silly and got in my car - he's a bit of an odd one, and a hug would have made him think I like him, so it was kinder not to, honestly. Anyway he stood in front of my car and wouldn't let me leave, and actually sat on my bonnet. Another guy we were with came over and dragged him off for long enough for me to drive away, then when I got home I already had texts asking why the guy I'd hugged (my boyfriend!) had got a hug and he didn't, and it wasn't fair, I only had eyes for the other guy all night, and could he have one next time. Bear in mind the number of times I'd told him I only liked him as a friend!! I think he thought he owned me somehow!

Worst part of that was we were 27 at the time!
(edited 4 years ago)
If I ever have any sort of relationship/crush moment, I'll let you know because it's guaranteed to be cringy if I'm involved.

Honestly I've got nothing to contribute to this thread, just thought I'd post here to bump it cause I wanna see what everyone else's cringiest moments are
Well my crush isn't speaking to me atm cos I kinda sorta made his mum lose her job welp
Me and my former crush (who reciprocated, but I was emotionally unavailable) used to be the type of pair that would tease each other by calling each other ugly and stupid and that kind of thing for no reason. She was at someone's wedding and was wearing a really nice dress, and she posted a picture of her and her family on her Story. I said, "it'd look better if you weren't wearing it", as in, she made the dress look ugly.

And that's how I accidentally sexted my crush when I was like 16.
My friend once joked around a girl and said “here is your crush” and she heard him. When I never knew her name or anything. Stayed 6months and she still thought I liked her. Obviously, she told her friends that I had a crush on her.

That’s when you have skunk friends. But it was funny somehow
I have done things which have made me wince so hard.

There was a girl I used to hang with a lot, who I liked so much. So we were walking one day and she was looking super cute, she was wearing a white knitted jumper and a white gold necklace. She asked for a bit of my chocolate, so I put it in my mouth with half hanging out and offered it to her. She broke a bit off and ate it. I'm shuddering just typing this.

I'm not the clubbing type, but one time I was at a club to see what it was like and I tried flirting with a girl right next to her boyfriend. I thought they were just a group of friends!
Original post by TrumpsWig
Well my crush isn't speaking to me atm cos I kinda sorta made his mum lose her job welp

Oh my word, how did you manage that?

Haha that sounds funny though. My boyfriend has literally just been up in the loft and I had to stop myself from shaking the ladder, so I'd definitely think it was a good after a few drinks, too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending