How tall are people are people playing basketball at uni (UK)

Watch
nc212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am tempted to join the basketball society next year but the problem is I've never played and I'm 5ft5.

Is my height gonna be an issue? More importantly what's the average height at societies like this
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There will be beginner classes and non competitive teams, so it shouldn't be an issue
>>
Moved the thread to the sport forum
Oljen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’re obviously a point guard and don’t expect everyone to be like 7ft centres or whatever , they’re mostly probably like 6’2 - 6’6 , just use your speed and handles and you’ll be good
nc212
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oljen)
You’re obviously a point guard and don’t expect everyone to be like 7ft centres or whatever , they’re mostly probably like 6’2 - 6’6 , just use your speed and handles and you’ll be good
So you reckon that everyone there will be around the mid 6ft?
BlueEyedGirl_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The players in the basketball teams at my uni aren’t all super tall! For the men’s team, obviously there’s some towering over, and I’d say a large number are over 6ft, but there’s also a good number who are shorter (some significantly so) and are still great players - they tend to be much faster and more agile. Equally I’d say the female team are all relatively average height for females. You just need to give it a go and I’m sure there’ll be a place for you, whether thats in a beginner team, or somewhere more advanced/competitive!
nc212
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
The players in the basketball teams at my uni aren’t all super tall! For the men’s team, obviously there’s some towering over, and I’d say a large number are over 6ft, but there’s also a good number who are shorter (some significantly so) and are still great players - they tend to be much faster and more agile. Equally I’d say the female team are all relatively average height for females. You just need to give it a go and I’m sure there’ll be a place for you, whether thats in a beginner team, or somewhere more advanced/competitive!
I'm a guy so I just feel I'll be dwarfed
Oljen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nc212)
So you reckon that everyone there will be around the mid 6ft?
Most people in the U.K. ain’t even that tall tbh , id say everyone will be around 6’2 nothing more than 6’6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.08%
I don't have everything I need (91)
37.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise