pure vision method Watch

MahirUddin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
so, i am researching about if there is a cure to short sighted. laser eye surgery is the closest thing but most reputable sources like the nhs say no. however, this website says you can. is this a scam and total bs or actually true?
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If nhs says no then it sounds like the site is a scam

I’ve heard things like that can be very dangerous
UrWelcome
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
laser eye surgery, dunno if its permanent tho
MahirUddin
Rep:
?
never really thought of it like that. thought that they just charge lots of money for cheap herbal drugs which just don't work
(Original post by Izzythestudent)
If nhs says no then it sounds like the site is a scam

I’ve heard things like that can be very dangerous
MahirUddin
Rep:
?
yeah, laser eye surgery is a strange one. some say it is permanent but others say it can return. the only thing i don't get is that it burns away the cornea which magically makes us able to see again, but we are told that shortsightedness happens as a result of the eye becoming too long. idk
(Original post by UrWelcome)
laser eye surgery, dunno if its permanent tho
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 2 months ago
my friend had laser eye surgery but it's not perfect, not permanent, and doesn't work for everyone i don't think. your best bet is to speak to your optometrist.

also moved your thread to Health
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've been working on good habits and wearing slight undercorrection and working on relaxation and active focus for a few years, went from -3.75 and astigmatism of -1.5 to -2.25 and astigmatism of about -1.... not the best improvement, but I do see much better now.

I can't really explain how it worked, but it did.... and I'm an optometrist.

Every time a patient asks me how to improve their vision, I say that I don't know, but there are some things that might be worth trying, if they are not harmful in any way...

I am not suggesting the + lens therapy or sun-glazing but eye exercises and relaxation and stuff like that can't do any damage even if they won't help short sightedness....

Never heard of Pure Vision method, but probably it is eye exercising like most of other methods around there....

Wearing slight undercorrection and wearing a different correction for up close and far away makes a lot of sense and many other doctors may agree with it....
MahirUddin
Rep:
?
oh, i put this in education as i am researching this for epq

(Original post by Joleee)
my friend had laser eye surgery but it's not perfect, not permanent, and doesn't work for everyone i don't think. your best bet is to speak to your optometrist.

also moved your thread to Health
MahirUddin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kathy89)
I've been working on good habits and wearing slight undercorrection and working on relaxation and active focus for a few years, went from -3.75 and astigmatism of -1.5 to -2.25 and astigmatism of about -1.... not the best improvement, but I do see much better now.

I can't really explain how it worked, but it did.... and I'm an optometrist.

Every time a patient asks me how to improve their vision, I say that I don't know, but there are some things that might be worth trying, if they are not harmful in any way...

I am not suggesting the + lens therapy or sun-glazing but eye exercises and relaxation and stuff like that can't do any damage even if they won't help short sightedness....

Never heard of Pure Vision method, but probably it is eye exercising like most of other methods around there....

Wearing slight undercorrection and wearing a different correction for up close and far away makes a lot of sense and many other doctors may agree with it....
interesting... sorry what is sun-glazing as i have not found anything to do with that and is + lens therapy the same as ortho k. im doing this for epq and am trying to find as much interesting information and maybe an actual cure as i also suffer from myopia. i have heard bout undercorrection and thought that it was not going to reverse the process but noly slow it down as your eyes try to adapt to 20:20 vision with your glasses. i may give that a go but how long did your slight improvement take?

thanks for the information and would you mind if i quoted you in my epq as real information from a student forum?
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MahirUddin)
interesting... sorry what is sun-glazing as i have not found anything to do with that and is + lens therapy the same as ortho k. im doing this for epq and am trying to find as much interesting information and maybe an actual cure as i also suffer from myopia. i have heard bout undercorrection and thought that it was not going to reverse the process but noly slow it down as your eyes try to adapt to 20:20 vision with your glasses. i may give that a go but how long did your slight improvement take?

thanks for the information and would you mind if i quoted you in my epq as real information from a student forum?
So far undercorrection and wearing even weaker pair for reading helped the best. I am sure what helped the most is not even eye related things... it is working on general good habits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads