Transferring to another university Watch

gracenyl728
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i currently hold a place at King's College London but I am having a heart over mind moment and feel as if i am more suited to Bristol University. Does anyone know how i can made this transfer possible? Would it be best to contact the Bristol admissions office?
gracenyl728
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
^^
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gracenyl728)
So i currently hold a place at King's College London but I am having a heart over mind moment and feel as if i am more suited to Bristol University. Does anyone know how i can made this transfer possible? Would it be best to contact the Bristol admissions office?
Do you want to start your course at KCL and then transfer or are you just hoping to swap your firm choice?
gracenyl728
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I would prefer to swap my firm choice but I'm not sure how/ if that is possible
(Original post by PQ)
Do you want to start your course at KCL and then transfer or are you just hoping to swap your firm choice?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dear Grace,

If you wish to no longer study at your firm and wish to study at your insurance you should contact both universities to see if the transfer is possible.

"You’ll have to request your first university choice to agree to release you from your accepted place and get agreement from your insurance choice too. Of course, no university is going to force you to attend them - but strictly speaking, you have entered into a contract with them." - Which University - Insurance choice

If Bristol is not your insurance then you would need to apply through clearing to the other university.

"If you change your mind and no longer want to go to your firm choice, you need to call the uni to discuss your options. If they give you permission to change your choice, they’ll release you into Clearing – once they do this, your Track status will be updated and you’ll receive an email to say something has changed. You'll then be able to search and apply for courses in Clearing." - UCAS - Dropping Firm for clearing

I hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would prefer to swap my firm choice but I'm not sure how/ if that is possible
If you ring Bristol today and ask if they'll agree to swap to your firm choice, if they agree ring KCL and ask them to agree to the swap and ring UCAS to let them know you want to swap.

Both universities have to email their agreement to UCAS today or tomorrow morning. The deadline for swaps is tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.73%
Excited (151)
8.98%
Worried (303)
18.02%
Terrified (376)
22.37%
Meh (158)
9.4%
Confused (37)
2.2%