Finance emergency Watch

MarvinMartian23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I was given a CPR year from student finance for an extra year of funding. I’ve got a letter from them saying that I only have the maintenance loan when I should have the tutition fees too. I have proof that it has been authorised so there’s an error. I’m in Florida for the next three weeks so I won’t be able to call. Can someone give me an email or anything? I need to get this sorted and I’m very worried.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MarvinMartian23)
Hi I was given a CPR year from student finance for an extra year of funding. I’ve got a letter from them saying that I only have the maintenance loan when I should have the tutition fees too. I have proof that it has been authorised so there’s an error. I’m in Florida for the next three weeks so I won’t be able to call. Can someone give me an email or anything? I need to get this sorted and I’m very worried.
Why does Florida prevent you calling? Just get an international call card or use skype.
You can also post it here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
I have emailed them with pictures of what they sent me and proof that I have a CPR year. I think that I just panicked due to my anxiety. They say they’ve sent it to the relevant people so this should be sorted in a few days, I hope.
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why does Florida prevent you calling? Just get an international call card or use skype.
You can also post it here
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I have emailed them with pictures of what they sent me and proof that I have a CPR year. I think that I just panicked due to my anxiety. They say they’ve sent it to the relevant people so this should be sorted in a few days, I hope.
Well thats progress. I wouldnt be worried. If you have been through cpr then thats a specific procedure and its obviously someone not being aware. Check back in 7-10 days.
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
Thanks. It’s a shame because it’s spoiling my holiday a bit, but at least I didn’t find out in 3 weeks time. If that letter came in one day later I would’ve.
Well thats progress. I wouldnt be worried. If you have been through cpr then thats a specific procedure and its obviously someone not being aware. Check back in 7-10 days.
Ninja_R
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Buy a calling card and give them a call
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
I’ve already given an email. I got the letter within an hour of leaving for the holiday. That’s why I can’t call, because I have no time to get one. Sorry, I should’ve put that in my original post.
(Original post by Ninja_R)
Buy a calling card and give them a call
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
You’ve helped me a lot with all of this and I’d like to thank you for that. I’m starting a new course to my previous one at a different university. Do you think this has caused the problem? You seem to be the big expert on this?
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
You’ve helped me a lot with all of this and I’d like to thank you for that. I’m starting a new course to my previous one at a different university. Do you think this has caused the problem? You seem to be the big expert on this?
I dont think speculating gets you anywhere, but as you seem quite anxious
, then it would surprise me if CPR is a different team from the general sfe and they havent told or your CPR status has yet to update your claim. You have it in writing cpr has been approved, so you know you will get fees.
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
Thanks
I dont think speculating gets you anywhere, but as you seem quite anxious
, then it would surprise me if CPR is a different team from the general sfe and they havent told or your CPR status has yet to update your claim. You have it in writing cpr has been approved, so you know you will get fees.
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
I’ve got an email saying that they’ve sent my evidence to the correspondence department and they’ll be in touch within 20 working days.
Thanks
MarvinMartian23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi it’s been a while. I’ve returned home from the US, I have a new letter from student finance saying my CPR has been approved and I have a new invoice from them. 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%