The Student Room Group

Forgotten my retainers and I’m on a month holiday??

So I took off my braces last year January. And I wear it now everyday at night. However I’m super stressed and paranoid my teeth will move again and all that work will be gone. I would get another retainer but it’s honestly a waste and I feel bad asking bc it’s my fault :frown: I was also considering shipping them but idk if anyone can and I also feel bad asking. My best option could be asking my friend to bring them but idk if she coming to London or not !? Anyway will my teeth drastically move and my retainer not fit when I’m back?! And could I get a cheaper option online for the time being? I forgot to also say that I’m on holiday for a month and forgot my retainers
(edited 4 years ago)
How long had you been retaining for? And how long have you had your braces off for?
I was in a similar situation once, I might be able to help.
I have never had this before so sorry don't know
Reply 3
I’ve had my retainer for about a year and 6 months now and as soon as I got my braces off I got my retainers 2 days later. So I’ve had them off and had my retainers for the same time
Original post by Icykitten
How long had you been retaining for? And how long have you had your braces off for?
After I had my braces taken off I used retainers for like a month and got bored of them because they hurt and were inconvenient (prescribed for a year) and my teeth are still straight havnt moved been post 2 years now haha
Original post by Reem7790
I’ve had my retainer for about a year and 6 months now and as soon as I got my braces off I got my retainers 2 days later. So I’ve had them off and had my retainers for the same time

I stopped wearing my retainer literally about a month after I got it cause it hurt and haven’t touched it since - 5 years later and my teeth haven’t moved! There will be some movement so putting it back in after a month could be quite painful and tricky but if you’ve had the retainer for so long, I doubt there’ll be drastic change in the appearance of your teeth :smile:
Reply 6
I’ve had my retainer for about a year and 6 months now and as soon as I got my braces off I got my retainers 2 days later. So I’ve had them off and had my retainers for the same time. Basically the issue is that I’ve forgotten my retainers and I’m on holiday for a month which is worrying me
Original post by Icykitten
Reply 7
Omg thank u for this!! Im already feeling anxious without sleeping with it 😂 yeah I guess when I return I will wear it more often to readjust back into it
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
I stopped wearing my retainer literally about a month after I got it cause it hurt and haven’t touched it since - 5 years later and my teeth haven’t moved! There will be some movement so putting it back in after a month could be quite painful and tricky but if you’ve had the retainer for so long, I doubt there’ll be drastic change in the appearance of your teeth :smile:
Reply 8
Omg luckkyyy!! Did u have really bad teeth to start with?
Original post by Klunkers1337
After I had my braces taken off I used retainers for like a month and got bored of them because they hurt and were inconvenient (prescribed for a year) and my teeth are still straight havnt moved been post 2 years now haha
They might hurt a bit when you put them on when you get back but other than that you should be fine. Don't worry about it.
Reply 10
Okayy thank u for the reassurance! Should I even bother with getting a cheap mould from amazon as my retainer for the time being
Original post by MinaBee
They might hurt a bit when you put them on when you get back but other than that you should be fine. Don't worry about it.
Omg luckkyyy!! Did u have really bad teeth to start with?

Yeah I had horrible teeth haha honestly

That’s a long time, you should be fine. Just go to your dentist after you get back from holiday so they can check nothing has moved.

Quick Reply

Latest