The Student Room Group

What are the benefits of joining the Conservative party?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zanielchoudhury
No benefits, just a big target on your back saying "KICK ME - I HATE POOR PEOPLE"

Yawn. Do all Labour supporters hate Jews or do you just generalise the right?
Reply 61
Update:

I went to a local Conservative Party Forum meeting last week. It was really good. Very engaging discussions on policy and it was really nice of them to welcome me. They also asked for my contributions to various discussions, which was nice.

I hadn’t been sure what to expect, being from a BME background. Unfortunately for me I spent years believing the lefts lies that the Conservatives are unwelcoming to minorities. It’s such a shame I believed it, because I’ve lost out on so many years of learning and getting involved.

I have a question and need some advice. I’ve been invited to go canvassing with them this weekend and I now get the weekly campaigns email. My only reservation is, I’m virtually the only female. There was one other woman who was at the meeting, but I don’t know if she would be there at the canvassing. I know it’s a silly question, but would it be strange to be the only female canvassing with a group of middle aged men?

My reasons for going would be so that I keep in regular contact and get involved more, but at the same time I’m self conscious of being different. I really have to admire Priti Patel, because she obviously had strong convictions from a young age and didn’t allow the BME minority culture and opinions around her to influence her. My brother went to the same uni as and her recounts how she started very young and had strong conviction. I’m in strong agreement with a lot of her views and agree with her policies.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Fruli
. I really have to admire Priti Patel,

But shes such a mendacious butthole!
Reply 63
Original post by Napp
But shes such a mendacious butthole!

Okay, it’s not the corruption and dishonesty I admire.

It’s the courage which I admire. The courage to stand up against the popular view, and be bold to stand up for what she believes in. Essentially, she’s never been a shy Tory, and I admire that about her. I’ve tended to keep my Conservative views to myself, due to fear of being judged.
A fun leader who's obliged to be figurehead for ERG and the dark wizard. Plus he has a haircut worse than my horse, lol.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Vinny C
A fun leader who's obliged to be figurehead for ERG and the dark wizard. Plus he has a haircut worse than my horse, lol.

Original post by Onde
If you join and went to Eton & have taken illegal drugs, you have a good chance of becoming Prime Minister one day.

I joined two months ago. I’m not from a typical Tory demographic, which makes it interesting....
Reply 66
Original post by Onde
If you join and went to Eton & have taken illegal drugs, you have a good chance of becoming Prime Minister one day.

Weed - MP
Coke - Cabinet Minister
Crack/Opium/Meth - PM

We must observe the sliding scale and note the correlation in severity of the substance and height of the career :wink: Although on a vaguely serious note is it just me who finds it amusing that these buzz kills get all uppity about booze and drugs when old jo bloggs does it but theyre huffing their way through mountains of Columbias finest when the doors are closed. Although i guess thats the benefit of being in power and all that, making sure noone else can do it :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending