Applying for clearing Watch

Hannah Ovenstone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Both my insurance and secure choice are both conditionals but I feel as though I haven’t met the grades. There is another course that I already have the grades for and has clearing spaces. I’ve tried going through UCAS and got confused and the university is offline how do I apply for that clearing course.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah Ovenstone)
Both my insurance and secure choice are both conditionals but I feel as though I haven’t met the grades. There is another course that I already have the grades for and has clearing spaces. I’ve tried going through UCAS and got confused and the university is offline how do I apply for that clearing course.
What is the university in question? Should you end up in clearing, you'll be given a clearing number on UCAS Track. You'll then have to call universities who have vacancies for courses where they'll ask for a few details and probably a brief explanation etc. about why you want to do X course. If you have a verbal offer, make note of this and how long you have until this expires. Once you decided on your uni and have had a verbal offer, you need to enter this on UCAS Track. Hope this helps.
Hannah Ovenstone
Rep:
?
Hi it’s Robert Gordon thanks for the help 🙂
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi it’s Robert Gordon thanks for the help 🙂
https://digital.ucas.com/search - Type the course and look for Robert Gordon University Aberdeen, click on the course link and it should give you instructions about how to apply etc. If in doubt, call the university's admissions team or the clearing hotline. Hope that helps.
Hannah Ovenstone
Rep:
?
Thank you 🙂
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can’t go into Clearing yet since you still have 2 possible offers on the table. You will automatically be entered into Clearing If you get rejected by both your Unis. If you defo would prefer to apply elsewhere, all you could do would be to phone your 2 Unis to ask them to release you, and once you hold no offers you are eligible for Clearing. This is risky unless you know for sure that Uni number 3 will accept you however, as you could get left with nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (64)
14.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.47%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.83%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.36%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.71%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.28%