After summer options? Watch

rallan15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm having a really hard time deciding on what I want to do after the summer so any suggestions would be great!

I'm planning on staying on at school until October to see how the year starts and there's a small chance I'll stay on but due to health reasons I think I'll end up dropping out. There isn't a college opportunity until next year so that won't be an option either.

I currently have a job and I have a few years of waitress experience so I could keep that up but I was wondering what other options there may be? If I drop out I'll be leaving school with National 5's. Could I consider an Apprenticeship? If not would I be best to just work until I can start college?
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are you interested in? Do you like academia?

A apprenticeship could work for you, but it depends what you want to do as an individual
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rallan15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
What are you interested in? Do you like academia?

A apprenticeship could work for you, but it depends what you want to do as an individual
Yeah I could be quite bright if I tried just due to health issues school isn’t a great environment for me so ideally I would like something that will stretch me.
I’ve always been very interested in events planning or business management but finding decent apprenticeships based on either of them is quite hard.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%