The Student Room Group

Conditional to unconditional offer- help?

I received my results at the start of July and submitted them asap (around 2nd July) Does anyone know how long it usually takes the universities to confirm my results and change my offer to unconditional? I've exceeded my conditions and I really want to get accomadation/student backing sorted now but they're taking forever to get back.

(if it helps I'm going to Edinburgh uni, I know they're extremely slow moving anyway if the wait to get an offer in the first place is anything to go by, but still IB and other results were released a after I submitted mine and I've noticed alot of them have become unconditional already) Should I call? I don't want to be annoying as I have been really involved with them in the application process and have called numerous times about other things that have cropped up. Edinburgh was the hardest uni for me to get an offer from, not even in terms of conditions as they were lower than other unis but they required me to continuously add to my application and kept asking for things, compared to all my other choices which gave me an offer without requiring any further input from me, I feel like I'm in over my head with them, it's making me worry I've made the wrong choice :/
Hey, I think you should call. Calling won't hurt. I received my results the Saturday we all got it, and my offer changed from conditional to unconditional (Bristol Uni) on Thursday this was after them not receiving my results, an issue I only realized and helped fix when I called the uni. So yes, call the uni!
Original post by mediclyfe
I received my results at the start of July and submitted them asap (around 2nd July) Does anyone know how long it usually takes the universities to confirm my results and change my offer to unconditional? I've exceeded my conditions and I really want to get accomadation/student backing sorted now but they're taking forever to get back.

(if it helps I'm going to Edinburgh uni, I know they're extremely slow moving anyway if the wait to get an offer in the first place is anything to go by, but still IB and other results were released a after I submitted mine and I've noticed alot of them have become unconditional already) Should I call? I don't want to be annoying as I have been really involved with them in the application process and have called numerous times about other things that have cropped up. Edinburgh was the hardest uni for me to get an offer from, not even in terms of conditions as they were lower than other unis but they required me to continuously add to my application and kept asking for things, compared to all my other choices which gave me an offer without requiring any further input from me, I feel like I'm in over my head with them, it's making me worry I've made the wrong choice :/

Definitely call.

You need to confirm that they've received your results, and then ask them when your decision has been made on track.

As you've exceeded your offer conditions, there's no need for them to keep you waiting this long- don't worry about "being annoying", it's the uni who's in the wrong here!
Hey! I had to call Admissions multiple times before they changed my offer to unconditional too (and I had also got higher grades than my requirements) so I'd suggest you call them so everything can get sorted faster.
Hey,

for my postgraduate course (Cardiff University) I uploaded my bachelor degree on July 5, and on July 9 I saw that they verified it, but I have not yet received any unconditional offer and no email from the university. I am planning to call them on July 23, so two weeks after them having verified my degree without updating my status.
Original post by TommyPostGrad
Hey,

for my postgraduate course (Cardiff University) I uploaded my bachelor degree on July 5, and on July 9 I saw that they verified it, but I have not yet received any unconditional offer and no email from the university. I am planning to call them on July 23, so two weeks after them having verified my degree without updating my status.

They should process your decision within a few days - a week at most. Don’t delay chasing them by phone. Call them on Monday
Reply 6
Thanks for your help guys, I gave them a phone at lunchtime and they said they'll have a look over it and get back to me and I just got a track notification confirming my place so happy days! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending