The Student Room Group

Is mixed flatsharing a potential problem?

I am planning on living with flatmates in a house this term for University. Is it in any way problematic that as a female I will be living with other males and females who I have never met? Thanks.
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by pearl_rose
I am planning on living with flatmates in a house this term for University. Is it in any way problematic that as a female I will be living with other males and females who I have never met? Thanks.

Not really. You're all adults and should be able to act like adults - being clean and respectful etc.
Reply 3
The problem is that you haven't met them, not that they are male. Do you have locks on your individual rooms, is it rented from the uni or privately, have you been to the place or even the area?
No. Next question.
You will not be the only woman, and I assume from your thread that there is more than one man. I think you need to agree some basic courtesies amongst you all. Cleanliness and tidiness is the main one that comes to mind. Locks on doors another.

Not really it should make for a more balanced house.

Hopefully you all get on.

Fun starts if you all dont get on or you end up sleeping with one of them.
Reply 7
Thank you everyone for the responses. I am meeting the flatmates and landlord this Sunday. I doubt the rooms have locks. Is this something you think should be sorted out?
Reply 8
Also I am hiding this fact from my mother. Is that a problem?
Reply 9
Thank you everyone for the responses. I am meeting the flatmates and landlord this Sunday. I doubt the rooms have locks. Is this something you think should be sorted out?

That would be unusual. And a very bad idea if it is known in advance that there aren't locks. I imagine some very dishonest people would love to live in accommodation with strangers who don't know each other well enough to know who's stealing all their stuff.
Also I am hiding this fact from my mother. Is that a problem?

Depends why you're hiding it. If it's because she'd kill you, then yes, it is a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending