Seeking English language advice Watch

Molimolimolly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I have a language question and not sure if anyone can be able to help - I am not a native English speaker so sometimes I find it hard to use conversational English to communicate. So I have a friend who is very kind to offer me a lift very often to the train station after we went to the gym. I only say 'thank you' to her every time. I am wondering if there are any other more friendly and casual/playful way to say thanks for that?

Since i don't have a car so i have to rely on her every time to give me a lift. i wanted to sound more informal but I don't know how to do that. Wondering if anyone would give me some suggestions? Thank you!
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"Thank you" is absolutely fine. That's what I say in that situation and I don't think there is much else you can say.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Molimolimolly)
Hello everyone, I have a language question and not sure if anyone can be able to help - I am not a native English speaker so sometimes I find it hard to use conversational English to communicate. So I have a friend who is very kind to offer me a lift very often to the train station after we went to the gym. I only say 'thank you' to her every time. I am wondering if there are any other more friendly and casual/playful way to say thanks for that?

Since i don't have a car so i have to rely on her every time to give me a lift. i wanted to sound more informal but I don't know how to do that. Wondering if anyone would give me some suggestions? Thank you!
"Thanks so much for the lift"? There isn't really any other standard ways to phrase it.
Lilli22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, "thanks for the lift." If you want to be real gangsta then be like, "Yo, thanx bruv innit yolo swag deal with it"

Spoiler:
Show
pls dont do that
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can say things like cheers, ta, appreciate It... but if someone's doing a significant favour I'd say it the long more formal way to show your appreciation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.69%