What do you think happens after death? Watch

RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ve just created a gym in heaven so I can get my 8 hour workouts in godammit.
Zarek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The interesting thing is that 'nobody knows'. How ever much the considerable pontification and angst created around this point..
(Original post by username4228878)
What do you think? Do you believe in the afterlife or do you think that there is nothing after death and we just stop existing?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
there has to be some sort of afterlife or this life would just be useless and unfair because for example if a child dies in a car crash, don't they have the same right as us to live and cherish life so what would happen to them?
Lots of things already are useless and unfair. There's no reason why life can't be the same.
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
OP deleted his account, he's with God now
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:curious:
(Original post by bobzzzzzz)
If one believes in ghosts then one has to believe in god
Onde
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I won't live to regret it.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous919)
Well if you think about it logically, obviously we were created by something. Humans are an extremely complex and intricate being and there is no way we were created by chance. There must be an after life otherwise there’d be no point in life. Those who think there will be nothing after but oblivion are deluded
What makes you think there's a point to life? What created us and who created that entity?
Indiana.Jones
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
That's just it - I think, but you "know", without evidence.
Please do not get sentimental too fast I am not undermining your scientific knowledge. But if you say that , i.e. my religion is brainwashing me, then it is your thought, not a fact.
My thinking, my knowledge that there is an afterlife is my belief. You, dear RogerOxon, derive your knowledge just from science. But as a believer I get my knowledge from God too. And I will call it knowledge, be certain about it, because God has specifically said so. This is my belief, belief that there is a God, and anything that come from God is the truth.
My opinion about you or anything else that does not involve God, faith or science is my thinking. Your *opinion* about me is your thinking.
That is it.
s817
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Either nothing will happen, we just die and that's it we cease to exist or there is an afterlife for our souls or we're brought back to life and something awful will happen. No one knows but I'm dreading it because whatever happens it's not going to be good.
Anonymous919
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
What makes you think there's a point to life? What created us and who created that entity?
Like I said we’re a complex race and must have been created by something - god. Because there is a creator there must have been a reason behind our existence and why god created us in the first place .
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Indiana.Jones)
Please do not get sentimental too fast I am not undermining your scientific knowledge. But if you say that , i.e. my religion is brainwashing me, then it is your thought, not a fact.
My thinking, my knowledge that there is an afterlife is my belief. You, dear RogerOxon, derive your knowledge just from science. But as a believer I get my knowledge from God too. And I will call it knowledge, be certain about it, because God has specifically said so. This is my belief, belief that there is a God, and anything that come from God is the truth.
My opinion about you or anything else that does not involve God, faith or science is my thinking. Your *opinion* about me is your thinking.
That is it.
You have no credible evidence that a god exists, so your "knowledge" has no proven basis or worth. Science does.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 2 months ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Slowly We Rot
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Like I said we’re a complex race and must have been created by something - god. Because there is a creator there must have been a reason behind our existence and why god created us in the first place .
Who created god?
Anonymous919
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Who created god?
Everything that begins to exist must have had a creator but god has always existed so he doesn’t
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Everything that begins to exist must have had a creator but god has always existed so he doesn’t
Indoctrination confirmed. Logic absent.

What if time began with the Big Bang?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That doesn’t work as a rebuttal, it is a logical disaster.

I’d go into my own long post about why I think there can’t be an afterlife but many people already have so there’s no point.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Indiana.Jones)
You are free to think whatever you want to think. No pressure.
As you are free to not think, but "know". You're still wrong though.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why is us being a complex system of biology and chemistry mean something must have created us?

There is no point to life, and there doesn't need to be. you deal with the cards you have, stop looking for some alternative divinity.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why must everything have a creator?

See now you've just admitted to accepting that something can exist without anything causing it, and yet at the same time you will argue 'something can't come out of nothing'.

Your logic is flawed.
Izzythestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Obviously nothing happens. My brain will never understand how so many people actually believe we go somewhere. No disrespect but I think people convince themselves there is a god and an afterlife because they are too scared of the reality- the is no life after death.
Last edited by Izzythestudent; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads