The Student Room Group

Saint Olaves 6th form

So I’m in year 10 (going into year 11), meaning I’ll be taking the Saint Olaves exam for entry into their sixth form in February. There’s not much information online about how I can prepare as I want to start this summer. Is there anyone who has recently taken this exam that can give any tips?

The subjects I’m interested in are
Chemistry
Biology
French
Maths

Scroll to see replies

how did u find it

Original post by Rinxx
So I’m in year 10 (going into year 11), meaning I’ll be taking the Saint Olaves exam for entry into their sixth form in February. There’s not much information online about how I can prepare as I want to start this summer. Is there anyone who has recently taken this exam that can give any tips?

The subjects I’m interested in are
Chemistry
Biology
French
Maths

how was it
Reply 2
Original post by strangetings
how did u find it

how was it

It was actually alright. A few questions stumped me here and there though. Didn’t end up taking french in the end as I changed to economics. Fingers crossed I get in 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Reply 3
how did u find it

how was it

Im guessing you took the tests too? How were yours?
Original post by Rinxx
Im guessing you took the tests too? How were yours?

what subjects did you pick and i done it too
It was okay but French was so bad so rip

ik someone who literally wrote four lines for french and still got in so you shouldn't worry:smile:
Original post by kiki alubankudi
ik someone who literally wrote four lines for french and still got in so you shouldn't worry:smile:

four lines for the whole paper :OOOO

My sister already goes there so I KinDA HaVE a ChaNcE but then again she got straight nines :/

yeah you do and that's very good. i'm hoping to get in but not sure because of physics and in addition to that do you know how they mark the papers
My sister already goes there so I KinDA HaVE a ChaNcE but then again she got straight nines :/
yeah you do and that's very good. i'm hoping to get in but not sure because of physics and in addition to that do you know how they mark the papers

Yeah, I heard physics was hard. But I would most likely choose newstead wood over olaves.
should've applied for newstead i heard it is really good and more welcoming than st.olaves but then again st.olaves beats newstead when it comes to results

Yeah, I heard physics was hard. But I would most likely choose newstead wood over olaves.
should've applied for newstead i heard it is really good and more welcoming than st.olaves but then again st.olaves beats newstead when it comes to results

But at the end of the day, there's no point in going to a school that you don't feel welcomed at, and constantly puts you under pressure. But I do think both school are really amazing :smile:
But at the end of the day, there's no point in going to a school that you don't feel welcomed at, and constantly puts you under pressure. But I do think both school are really amazing :smile:

fair point i wouldn't mind going either that's if i got in 😂😂. what are your predicted grades???
fair point i wouldn't mind going either that's if i got in 😂😂. what are your predicted grades???

two nines, 5 eights, 2 sevens, 1 six (In English LOL) What about you?

3 nines 4 eights and 2 7s along with further maths as an 7

those are pretty good
Reply 17

Really? What kinds of questions did they ask for the french? So glad I changed to economics now
Original post by Rinxx
Really? What kinds of questions did they ask for the french? So glad I changed to economics now

some crusty vocab questions like what does banlieu mean, the first page was some trash vocab and then even trasher translations and then writing.
those are pretty good

Oh jesus christ I almost chocked in my yazoo. Well done!!!!!!!!! You basically got in to olaves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending