too much plastic in this world

Watch
ipswich girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I cant believe many places still use plastic, least mcdonalds has cut down but it makes me sad that theres so much plastic in our oceans, this is surely not helping global warming why is nothing being done?
Ensorcell
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stuff is being done...
Two zero waste stores have just been opened near me and they're really popular, there's stuff like the extinction rebellions and even people like you online!

We just need to keep going down the right path, emailing companies and boycotting them if they don't change and educating others whilst making as many sustainable choices in our own life where we can
Prussianxo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jaden Smith is doing more to cut plastic waste then any world leader smh.
lxila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kill the Kardashians
Problem solved
username4626084
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because them plastic surgeries are never to stop.. so RIP GLOBAL WARMING
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There aren't alternative to plastics. You can't have a paper bottle of water can you?
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
There aren't alternative to plastics. You can't have a paper bottle of water can you?
Ever heard of Just Water?
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  246D9651-6FD1-46A0-8052-D840653D65C9.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  108.1 KB
Just look at all this plastic.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
Ever heard of Just Water?
28% plant based plastic and 15% plastic film. Neither are biodegradable. Sure you can recycle the bottle you can recycle current coke bottles. The facilities don't exist to recycle them and bottles get dumped. Just Water can still be dumped. It'll do as much damage
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ipswich girl)
I cant believe many places still use plastic, least mcdonalds has cut down but it makes me sad that theres so much plastic in our oceans, this is surely not helping global warming why is nothing being done?
Lots of things are being done. All the plastic won't just immediately disappear. It'll take a very long time for us to see any noticeable impact of our attempts in trying to reduce plastic. Just do what you can to limit your plastic use and that'll be helpful.
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
28% plant based plastic and 15% plastic film. Neither are biodegradable. Sure you can recycle the bottle you can recycle current coke bottles. The facilities don't exist to recycle them and bottles get dumped. Just Water can still be dumped. It'll do as much damage
Was talking more about the fact that you said you can't make paper bottles. Was just pointing out that Just Water bottles are made from just over 50% paper.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
Was talking more about the fact that you said you can't make paper bottles. Was just pointing out that Just Water bottles are made from just over 50% paper.
Not a paper bottle. Paper coated plastic is a pointless creation
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not a paper bottle. Paper coated plastic is a pointless creation
Still saves on non renewable sources and is better for reusing than normal plastic bottles because less harmful chemicals in the plastic.
iiiice-kreem-man
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
convenience and money-making are the things killing the environment
Last edited by iiiice-kreem-man; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
8.57%
I need help researching courses (2)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
8.57%
I need help with my personal statement (17)
48.57%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
20%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
5.71%

Watched Threads