Time travel to the past Watch

Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If you could travel into the past and set up a new life how would you go about doing it?

I’ve had a few good ideas about going to the 1990’s and starting again before I was born but I also wonder if anyone else has had the thought.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why would you want to travel to the past when you could travel to the future?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Why would you want to travel to the past when you could travel to the future?
For a few weeks I’ve been thinking about what I would do if I could travel to the past and raise my past self to be someone better than I am right now. As much as I’d like to see the future I’d rather change my entire life and see what happens.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn’t go too far, don’t wanna end up being a slave eh
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You don’t need to time travel to do that, you can change yourself by making the changes to be a better person now

To answer your question; I can’t really think of any particular time in history I’d want to be in. The Ancient Greek period would be fascinating as I could teach about science and they’d probably think I’m some sort of demigod but the lack of modern medicine and technology puts me off.
(Original post by Bio 7)
For a few weeks I’ve been thinking about what I would do if I could travel to the past and raise my past self to be someone better than I am right now. As much as I’d like to see the future I’d rather change my entire life and see what happens.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
I would go back to 1995 and set up an identity for myself.
Win the lottery in 1996 and set myself up somewhere in London.
Go into the future and find myself as a baby. Then travel back in time again to raise myself.

In my version of time travel no paradoxes are created and when we reach the date at which I left for the past then my older self dies and my younger self that I raised carries on. I wonder if I would be guilty of kidnapping though since it’s myself that I’m taking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads