Alevel biology revision Watch

Gurdeepthelegend
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Should you write notes for topics you haven’t learnt in school yet, in the summer holidays for biology just so there’s less work to do when year 13 starts?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Aaisha8908
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey I’m starting my alevels this September too. For gcse I started some of my science notes in the summer holidays and it did take a lot of my chest as I was able to have a few chilled days in the holidays but also during school days as I didn’t have to do it as I already did . I halved my holidays so for 2 weeks I done a lot of notes and for 4 I rested and some days when I got bored in those 4 weeks I done a little bit more. You deserve a holiday , so don’t completely focus on that you need to have fun too. But you should definitely do abit as you will be ahead of other but just keep in mind that you won’t get these holidays again and you will be yearning for them during such a difficult year. I know that gcse is different from alevel but i just wanted to clarify that making some of your notes does certainly lift that weight of your shoulders. I just wanted to ask how you finding alevel biology ? It is difficult ?and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get in gcse biology. Even though i know many who achieve A in gcse but c at alevel. Anyways good luck for your AS results and I hope you do well in A2 x
Aaisha8908
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh and I do not know why I wrote half as that would be 3😂my bad
Gurdeepthelegend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aaisha8908)
Hey I’m starting my alevels this September too. For gcse I started some of my science notes in the summer holidays and it did take a lot of my chest as I was able to have a few chilled days in the holidays but also during school days as I didn’t have to do it as I already did . I halved my holidays so for 2 weeks I done a lot of notes and for 4 I rested and some days when I got bored in those 4 weeks I done a little bit more. You deserve a holiday , so don’t completely focus on that you need to have fun too. But you should definitely do abit as you will be ahead of other but just keep in mind that you won’t get these holidays again and you will be yearning for them during such a difficult year. I know that gcse is different from alevel but i just wanted to clarify that making some of your notes does certainly lift that weight of your shoulders. I just wanted to ask how you finding alevel biology ? It is difficult ?and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get in gcse biology. Even though i know many who achieve A in gcse but c at alevel. Anyways good luck for your AS results and I hope you do well in A2 x
Thanks and yeah a level biology is good for if you have a good memory. I feel like gcse is based more on doing practice papers for revision whereas alevel is just constantly going over notes until you remember everything. If you’ve got a good memory then you’ll be fine. You also need to be good at maths as there is surprisingly a lot of maths in biology but nothing harder than gcse level.

I got a grade 7 at GCSE but achieved a grade A for my internal mock exam (don’t do AS anymore) so I guess anything is possible. Good luck for your GCSE results x
Aaisha8908
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you❤️that’s a great grade,for both a level and gcse. It’s great to see that you maintained it. Yh that’s why I enjoy science as I do find it easy to memorise,I got a 6 in biology for mock but that might have changed. I hope it either stays at that or goes up as I will lose the opportunity of doing it as alevel. What other alevels do you do?
Gurdeepthelegend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aaisha8908)
Thank you❤️that’s a great grade,for both a level and gcse. It’s great to see that you maintained it. Yh that’s why I enjoy science as I do find it easy to memorise,I got a 6 in biology for mock but that might have changed. I hope it either stays at that or goes up as I will lose the opportunity of doing it as alevel. What other alevels do you do?
Chem and maths
Aaisha8908
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Woahhhhh😂😂😂I would never even look at those. I’m planning on doing either biology or physics , I would like to do one science atleast. But then i would like to do English lit and business, maybe a fourth one but I’m not sure what that’s going to be. I might do both physics and biology but idk. So what career are you looking into? Engineering , I’m assuming ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (138)
13.5%
Excited (93)
9.1%
Worried (193)
18.88%
Terrified (232)
22.7%
Meh (78)
7.63%
Confused (29)
2.84%