Study6076
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey guys do u have any tips for procrastination as it is a SERIOUS problem for me?

also do you think it is a good idea if i prepare my revision materials now for every think we have learnt in year 10 and year 9 over the summer holidays?

Also does anybody else feel this way when other people start revising but then you feel paranoid that they are going to do better than you ? and any tips on this please?

Thxx
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Procrastination: break down your revision for the day. Don’t revise for hours without any breaks-it’s entirely ineffective for revising. Try using the ‘Pomodoro technique’ to reduce procrastination and successful revision sessions. It works by having 25 minute revision sessions and then break! Even if it’s 5 minutes, have a stretch or grab a drink/snack. Then after completing an hour of solid revision (with breaks) go onto a new subject. Lastly, remove all your distractions. Remember, they will be there for you after you finish year 11!
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Preparing yourself: of course it’s a great idea to prepare revision materials! This will make it easier for you when you begin pre examinations and generic tests within class. Don’t make materials for everything you have learnt. Make notes on key features that are vital for an exam. However, don’t bombard yourself with revision during this summer holiday. Please do relax! Create a good balance of revision and relaxation during your holidays, so you feel fresh for a busy term in September. It might be worth creating a revision timetable during your summer holidays for you to follow in year 11. Depending on whether you like a structured day
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Paranoia: honestly don’t worry about other students in your cohort. As long as you’re trying your best to succeed, that’s all that matters Even if you only revise three times in the week on the summer holidays, that’s fine! Little and often is best for now. It’s worth breaking up your revision so it doesn’t seem like a marathon (this will also help with procrastination). The more revision you complete, the more relaxed and easier it will be for you. Even if you just read a few chapters from a novella for English literature, that’s great! And then try to boost your revision by answering some questions for recalling facts. Have you completed your mocks yet? If so, how did they go for you? Good luck with everything!
Study6076
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi thanks for your reply yes i have done my mocks and i am happy with them considering i did not revise for any of them(i was intending to, i had a whole revision timetable for two months prior to my exams but procrastination happened and i didn't follow it )
i got an 8 for maths, science and phillosphy and the rest were 7s.
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Paranoia: honestly don’t worry about other students in your cohort. As long as you’re trying your best to succeed, that’s all that matters Even if you only revise three times in the week on the summer holidays, that’s fine! Little and often is best for now. It’s worth breaking up your revision so it doesn’t seem like a marathon (this will also help with procrastination). The more revision you complete, the more relaxed and easier it will be for you. Even if you just read a few chapters from a novella for English literature, that’s great! And then try to boost your revision by answering some questions for recalling facts. Have you completed your mocks yet? If so, how did they go for you? Good luck with everything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (8)
4.85%
Confident (14)
8.48%
Indifferent (16)
9.7%
Unsure (40)
24.24%
Worried (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads