Mons686
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, dunno where to post this.
So I'm a girl starting at Loughborough with Computer Science this September and wanted to ask a *probably stupid and insignificant* question - are halls separated male/female, or in other words, how likely am I to share accommodation with other girls, because I don't particularly fancy the idea of living with guys only (also considering the fact I'm lesbian).
Also how much chance do I have finding a gf considering the male-to-female ratio lol. Thx
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mons686)
So I'm a girl starting at Loughborough with Computer Science this September and wanted to ask a *probably stupid and insignificant* question - are halls separated male/female, or in other words, how likely am I to share accommodation with other girls, because I don't particularly fancy the idea of living with guys only (also considering the fact I'm lesbian).
Also how much chance do I have finding a gf considering the male-to-female ratio lol. Thx
Talk to accommodation or the hall you are going to.
If you want all female then check for single sex halls.
You can also contact their lgbt society to get the lowdown.
Hopefully1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know how it works at Loughborough because I went to a different uni but where I went we had mixed halls. I don't think there were any single sex dorms tbh. Each floor was a mix of girls and guys but within each room you had the same sex. Girls had girl roommates. If Loughborough is similar then there is no way the halls can make sure you are w/ more girls as I feel they try to make them as equal as possible. But, there will definitely be LGBT societies you can join. Join one and make sure you are active. Whatever society you join you need to go and participate regularly to get any benefit from it.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mons686)
Hi Mons686

We don't have single-sex halls, but we do have single sex floors within halls. For eg in Towers the east side is single sex floors, but the west side is mixed. You'd have to speak to request this with accommodation if this is a big deal for you.
We have a fantastic LGBT+ society here, so get involved with that.

Hope that helps
Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads