?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Discuss
Jessicafreya0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hmm... first question would be to ask do you see a future? Second question do you love him/her? Third STATEMENT it may feel wrong yes because it is unusual however it is 2019 You need to understand that you can do what you want. You are an adult you have a human right to free speech and within reason a right to do whatever the fuc* you want. If this is worrying you speak to him/her about it. Ask if they think it is wrong, also address the fact that your parents might not agree. On the other hand, are you willing to sacrifice your family for a man? If you are he better be a good one. Need me send me a message will gladly talk. Hope you are okay god bless.
X
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well...... in my family my grandfather was 25 years older than my grandmother!! He had never been married and when they did marry she was 25 and he was 50!! Different time period of course! Their marriage lasted by I think my dad (the product of the 25 year age difference marriage) would kill me if I brought home a guy that much older!!!!
Your relationship can work with that much of an age difference but...... it is really about the life stage you are in. At 22 are you still living at home? Have you graduated uni? Do you have a job heading towards a career?
What about the guy? Has he been married? Does he have children? Does he have a career type of job or more of a lower level type employment?
It really is about where you both are in life. It would sound (and probably feel) different/better if the ages were 30 and 45. You'd more likely be in the same life stage. Live independently, pay your own bills, have found a career path, have your own sets of friends, etc.
You, of course, are of age so technically you can have a relationship with anyone you want but it will impact your family (most likely) especially if they don't see you as ready to be independent or if he isn't on a career path and is just a 'getting by' kind of a guy.
Yes, it can work but right now might be more of a challenge.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well i'm 37 and If someone tried telling me I couldn't date a 22 year old i'd laugh in their face.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did a larger age gap when I was 25. In hindsight I don't know how I saw that as a good idea at the time. It felt like we just focused on the things we did have in common as a distraction from the drastic differences. When it got to the point he expected me to meet his ex-wife (still work together - shared business and he's there every night recreationally even if he isn't working) it really hit me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
keptinside
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Suga mommai
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keebs998)
Discuss
Probably won't work out!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see nothing wrong with it.
Keebs998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So it’s ok?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keebs998)
So it’s ok?
many older people can look like youngsters today with clothings etc. you should enjoy your time together.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure, there is merit in the half plus 7 rule. So for a 37 year old, no-one younger than 25 or 26.

Though we are about to have someone in 10 Downing Street who is 54 years old with a 31 year old mistress, you would not be alone.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you're of the same emotional intelligence, maturity and life experience then there's no reason why it can't work
MiaNova
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm Mia 👋

I know of relationships where there's a 10+ year age gap and they turned out fine but like many others pointed out them times were different to now.

I guess, like bones-mccoy said, emotional intelligence and maturity are big factors that should be taken into consideration when going into a relationship.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to relate to a person with such a big gap. I'd have a max 4 year gap nothing more.

But you do you! 😅
Wish you the best
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, wtf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%
Putting on a brave face (244)
13.76%
Impatient (218)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise