Student accomodation - do they have cleaners?

Watch
Life_Order
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

do (postgraduate) student accommodations usually have cleaners that clean your room? Frankly, I could clean my room by myself and I would be a bit annoyed if, or example, a morning course is cancelled and a cleaner came into my room on a "scheduled 10 am working day" while I am still sleeping studying for an exam, or if I don't have any courses like during Easter recess, I am working on a term paper or a project.

That being said, if there's no cleaner, do student accommodations usually have vacuum cleaners? I looked up my unis residences FAQ, and this forum's FAQ and found nothing
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TommyPostGrad)
Hi there,

do (postgraduate) student accommodations usually have cleaners that clean your room? Frankly, I could clean my room by myself and I would be a bit annoyed if, or example, a morning course is cancelled and a cleaner came into my room on a "scheduled 10 am working day" while I am still sleeping studying for an exam, or if I don't have any courses like during Easter recess, I am working on a term paper or a project.

That being said, if there's no cleaner, do student accommodations usually have vacuum cleaners? I looked up my unis residences FAQ, and this forum's FAQ and found nothing
Depends which uni and the accommodation. Contact the accommodation office.
Most likely no to the first question and yes to the second.
The Student Housing Company
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TommyPostGrad)
Hi there,

Hey! You will need to check directly with the accommodation - I know some sites offer communal cleaning (kitchen etc.) but i don't think many places will do room cleans but it's worth asking around and seeing if anyone offers this
Also, some places will have a vacuum in the flat where as some may have one shared per block etc. Again, give the accommodation a call and see exactly what they provide
Hope this helps - Jess C
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most places have cleaners for communal areas, for bedrooms it varies. But yeah I get the annoyance as I knew people who got walked in on in all sorts of situations. Most places have a Hoover but not all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed