Should I take this job if offered? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Its a full time vacancy and I have a mental health condition
Trial shift is unpaid
Travel is not reimbursed for trial shift
Pay is minimum wage
I want to leave the job for uni as I'll be moving in the end of september, so worried about any legal problems upon hiding this fact from them and then resigning closer to my uni start date.

Interviewer told me that the pay may be increased upon a very successful trial shift.

Should I bother? I am desperate for a job btw. Money is desperately needed.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Its a full time vacancy and I have a mental health condition
Trial shift is unpaid
Travel is not reimbursed for trial shift
Pay is minimum wage
I want to leave the job for uni as I'll be moving in the end of september, so worried about any legal problems upon hiding this fact from them and then resigning closer to my uni start date.

Interviewer told me that the pay may be increased upon a very successful trial shift.

Should I bother? I am desperate for a job btw. Money is desperately needed.
if they won't pay for work even if it is a trial, that's not the best sign.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
If they are looking for someone full time they are probably looking for someone who’s going to stick around for a while not 2 months. Particularly if you haven’t told them your going to uni in September
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If they are looking for someone full time they are probably looking for someone who’s going to stick around for a while not 2 months. Particularly if you haven’t told them your going to uni in September
I realise that but not planning on disclosing my university plans
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why did you apply and what else did you try for? There's better options than taking this, even things like directory deliveries. You could come unstuck very quickly if they ask you very early on about what shifts you can do in a couple of months or offer training further down the line!

Look at it from their side and don't dismiss them because you need the money and think it doesn't matter to an organisation. If you take the job and manage to spin it out until uni, they've then got to carry a vacancy or task others with extra work whilst they go through all the time and expense and tying up of people in readvertising and reinterviewing for the job. How would you feel if you were in a job and one of your colleagues suddenly left you in the lurch?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (85)
18.89%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.22%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.67%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.22%