gluttonyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
say I upload all my photos from my iPhone to the google photos app, if I delete anything in my camera roll will it delete in google photos?
meemy123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, if u backup photos from ur iphone to google photos and delete the photos from ur iphone camera roll, the pics will still remain in google photos. However, if you delete pictures directly from the google photos app, they will delete from your phone and the google photos app, you may still be able to recover them on recently deleted in iphone camera roll
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by meemy123)
Hi, if u backup photos from ur iphone to google photos and delete the photos from ur iphone camera roll, the pics will still remain in google photos. However, if you delete pictures directly from the google photos app, they will delete from your phone and the google photos app, you may still be able to recover them on recently deleted in iphone camera roll
thank you just wanted to make sure
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
another question I had, do the photos automatically upload so every time I take a new picture it will upload automatically?
meemy123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justarosexo)
another question I had, do the photos automatically upload so every time I take a new picture it will upload automatically?
when you take new photos on ur iphone, it will only backup to google photos when you open on the app and stay on it
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
thanks
when you take new photos on ur iphone, it will only backup to google photos when you open on the app and stay on it
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by justarosexo)
If you have location services set to always for the Google photos app, as iOS kills full background refresh for apps, after a period of time, such as Google photos which is always trying to sync your photos in the background.

A way Google is getting around it is by having you set your location services set to always, so when you move to a different geolocation the app is left open for the photos to sync without you realising.
Last edited by RoyalSheepy; 1 year ago
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As I said above, you don't always need to leave it open - just have the location services set to always.
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
As I said above, you don't always need to leave it open - just have the location services set to always.
that makes it a lot clearer haha thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (144)
62.34%
I don't have everything I need (87)
37.66%

Watched Threads