AQA English Language and Literature

Watch this thread
JSTR4
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I have to choose a piece of literary text and non-literary and make connections for my NEA. I’m thinking of Pride and Prejudice but struggling on what to compare it with. I have found an article in the New York Times call the The End of Courtship which is about modern dating. Does anyone have any thoughts on if this or would O.K. or any other suggestions. I have to get my choices agreed by Friday..
Josh5718
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I don’t know if this will help but I’m comparing Vox by Christina Dalcher and Emma Watson’s HeForShe speech at the UN with the project title ‘How is gender presented in relation to power and equality?’ Patriarchy is an underlying theme in Pride and Prejudice and is an easily explorable topic, with articles/speeches all about feminism, abortion laws etc. I would suggest looking at this as a possible theme you explore?..
JSTR4
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful.
(Original post by Josh5718)
I don’t know if this will help but I’m comparing Vox by Christina Dalcher and Emma Watson’s HeForShe speech at the UN with the project title ‘How is gender presented in relation to power and equality?’ Patriarchy is an underlying theme in Pride and Prejudice and is an easily explorable topic, with articles/speeches all about feminism, abortion laws etc. I would suggest looking at this as a possible theme you explore?..
Josh5718
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No problem!

(Original post by JSTR4)
Thank you so much, that’s really helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads