Momentous_Regret
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ibrahim716119)
@Momentous Regret

what websites do you recommend for English language and literature also Science
Well I used sparknotes for English Literature to quotations and context but I mostly just used my cpg revision guides for each text.

For English Language I literally just winged the exams and used a preparation booklet that our tea her made for us to use the night before the exam that included writing frames, good vocab and how to answer each question.

For science I depended heavily on Seneca Learning (free to use) and I went through all of the quizzes twice. But yet again I mostly just used my Collins revision guide and made notes and flashcards. My school also brought an app called Tassomai which was great for on the go science revision but it does cost a bit of money and only works effectively if u use it for at least 30 mins everyday (great for the car ride to school).

BBC Bitesize is not to be underestimated since it does contain a lot of good info especially for science.
I didn't really use the internet a lot for revision bit these sites did help a lot when I did use them.

Thanks for the comment and good luck 👍🏼
Ibrahim716119
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
SaffyyB

hi! everyone knows they have mocks in November my grades are all close to a 4 they are 3s when I'm older I want to become a Business Analyst so I'm focusing on all My cores also Business studies.

To revise for your mocks how should you revise as I am going to start revising when school starts all my levels that Im focusing on are all on 3s apart from English Lit and Lang which is at a 2 I want to boost all my subjects to a 4 or 5 in my mocks is that at all possible
SaffyyB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
@ibrahim716119
Hi Ibrahim, thanks for posting. I am not entirely sure yet on when to official start revising for my exams, however I did do alot of science preps during six weeks holiday (made flashcards) and some for English. Our school system is so messed up- we didn't finish our year 10 mocks, so in 2 weeks time we will be doing our mocks for our year 10 science. So I think I will start revising somewhere next week
DarkShadow101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ibrahim716119)
DarkShadow101

what are the best books to revise for combined science also English language and literature
For the combined science i would deffo recommend the cgp because they are so clearly explained and for english literature i recommend you buy a Snap revise revision book for each of the texts you do. I dont have a revision guide for english language because i dont know how to revise for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed