The Student Room Group

Why am i still so fat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just please be careful and keep in mind what’s healthy and what isn’t. You are already slim from the sounds of things and, ‘slim,’ doesn’t always make you happy. At all. It can actually do the opposite. Most people will experience some kind of body insecurity- it’s normal! But there is also soooo much more to life than your weight- believe me. You don’t need to be a certain weight to be happy. You are healthy and that’s so important because a lot of people aren’t, whether that’s being overweight, underweight or having an eating disorder

I’m not slim whatsoever! the top half of my body is extremely fat. I’m welcome to provide pics if you’d like but just not on this thread.
Yes i do. I can pm you a picture. what other problems?
Will walking up and down the stairs for 20 mins be enough?
No. Others have told me the same.
I'm 5'7 as well, 65kg and my tummy is flat?
Idk
Anyway weights aren't that expensive you can find some cheap ones
They really do speed up the process, they've helped my mum massively
Pm me, so I can get a better idea
No, can’t afford weights. i’m 5’7. I look pregnant. The number isn’t the problem, my tummy is not looking any smaller.
Reply 25
no one cares about weight anymore.. most people are depressed and obese
HOW??? You’re 5’6 and 67kg. You can look that fat
What’s your body shape like?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jane2w
no one cares about weight anymore.. most people are depressed and obese

i don’t care what other people think. i am insecure and my tummy is huge.
Original post by nabilahhh
HOW??? You’re 5’6 and 67kg. You can look that fat
What’s your body shape like?

5’7!!!!!! i said. I will pm you and you can tell everyone here who is so shocked about my weight. I also sent laila one
I’m not slim whatsoever! the top half of my body is extremely fat. I’m welcome to provide pics if you’d like but just not on this thread.

To be honest, your opinion of your body will probably be different to mine because we are our own worst critics and you’re probably being very hard on yourself without realising it! You have to try as hard as you can to keep yourself from doing anything dangerous in an attempt to lose weight, or heading in the direction of an eating disorder. Maybe you should speak to a close family member about how you’re feeling? It’s so easy to compare ourselves to others but your weight doesn’t define who you are as a person, and remember to be kind to yourself! I’m sure you’re a lovely, funny person with a good heart and people will value that any day over aesthetics. We all have things we’d like to change about ourselves but it’s so important to remember you are eating enough as well, and ignoring myths eg Skipping breakfast is a good thing. Skipping breakfast actually makes it harder for you to lose weight/ be healthy. Having a balanced diet eg fruit and veg will mean that you can eat lots of these kind of things throughout the day but still have the correct calorie consumption. Eating junk food is bound to happen and you mustn’t torture yourself over this because you have to enjoy what you’re eating as well! 15-30 minuets of exercise a day is perfect- but you have to eat otherwise your body will give up on itself and you won’t have enough energy. Don’t over work yourself and please eat enough. Things like this can ruin people’s lives. I’m sure you are great and amazing and being too hard on yourself, because I’m sure no one sees you as ‘fat’
5’7!!!!!! i said. I will pm you and you can tell everyone here who is so shocked about my weight. I also sent laila one

Woah 5’7. Okay lemme see
I think it would be really helpful for you to speak to someone professional about this. Maybe going to a doctor and voicing your concerns would allow them to give you some advice in terms of nutrition or support?
Original post by xxlaila03xx
I'm 5'7 as well, 65kg and my tummy is flat?
Idk
Anyway weights aren't that expensive you can find some cheap ones
They really do speed up the process, they've helped my mum massively
Pm me, so I can get a better idea

Original post by nabilahhh
Woah 5’7. Okay lemme see

So you guys can see i’m extremely fat right?
To be honest, your opinion of your body will probably be different to mine because we are our own worst critics and you’re probably being very hard on yourself without realising it! You have to try as hard as you can to keep yourself from doing anything dangerous in an attempt to lose weight, or heading in the direction of an eating disorder. Maybe you should speak to a close family member about how you’re feeling? It’s so easy to compare ourselves to others but your weight doesn’t define who you are as a person, and remember to be kind to yourself! I’m sure you’re a lovely, funny person with a good heart and people will value that any day over aesthetics. We all have things we’d like to change about ourselves but it’s so important to remember you are eating enough as well, and ignoring myths eg Skipping breakfast is a good thing. Skipping breakfast actually makes it harder for you to lose weight/ be healthy. Having a balanced diet eg fruit and veg will mean that you can eat lots of these kind of things throughout the day but still have the correct calorie consumption. Eating junk food is bound to happen and you mustn’t torture yourself over this because you have to enjoy what you’re eating as well! 15-30 minuets of exercise a day is perfect- but you have to eat otherwise your body will give up on itself and you won’t have enough energy. Don’t over work yourself and please eat enough. Things like this can ruin people’s lives. I’m sure you are great and amazing and being too hard on yourself, because I’m sure no one sees you as ‘fat’

I think it would be really helpful for you to speak to someone professional about this. Maybe going to a doctor and voicing your concerns would allow them to give you some advice in terms of nutrition or support?

You don’t understand, nothing is working:frown:
I do understand but like I say I think you probably need to speak to someone professional if it’s really getting you down- they might be able to offer some advice?
You don’t understand, nothing is working:frown:
to preface this answer i have to let you know that being skinny isn’t everything. and going on ridiculous diets are not the answer. eating less and less doesn’t help you lose weight but can ultimately lead to an eating disorder. i would highly suggest going vegetarian/vegan and try workouts at home. a gym membership really pays off and helps as well.
Original post by rosierenna
to preface this answer i have to let you know that being skinny isn’t everything. and going on ridiculous diets are not the answer. eating less and less doesn’t help you lose weight but can ultimately lead to an eating disorder. i would highly suggest going vegetarian/vegan and try workouts at home. a gym membership really pays off and helps as well.

Yess! I totally hate being on never ending diets and having disordered eating
I lost about 17 lbs on Keto over 2 months so maybe keep at it
If you think you're 'fat', maybe you should see your gp if you think you aren't losing enough weight. Though if you're 67 kg and 5'7, you're not 'fat' There's more to it than numbers
I think running for like an hour a day will be enough presuming you eat healthily.

Quick Reply

Latest