What Level of education do your parents have? Watch

Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mum has a degree in French, German and Linguistics, my dad went to university but didn't get his degree (dropped out, he wasn't very good at English at the time, something my mum helped him with lol).
Last edited by Pathway; 1 month ago
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dad: BSc (First) and MSc (Distinction) in Chem Eng

Mom: BSc (2:2) English and MSc (Merit) HRM
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
both my parents have multiple degrees. like two each I think.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Oh, mine never attended school. Used to be a family tradition, out of a dozen uncles and aunts only one or two can read and write. A different type of education, they know lots of stuff we never got to learn in our education and would all have higher odds of survival in the wild than someone with a degree in Political Science.
tell me more, this is interesting.👍
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mother has two A-levels.
Father has left school at 16 (and was unemployed for nearly the entirety of my life).
Last edited by marinade; 1 month ago
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
tell me more, this is interesting.👍
I only wanted to express my view that 'education' is a much broader notion than just obtaining a classroom certificate, as attested by so many muppets in public life who know very little about it away from their environment but think they are qualified to tell the world what's best for it.

Only people with a degree in Political Science or similar are capable of producing 'reports' on how 'walls don't work' to cite an example, my ancestors would just see that as a stupid thing to say but that's the thing: they weren't educated.

I don't know what you want me to 'tell', if there's anything you'd like to know just ask but this isn't My Life.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by z-hog)
I only wanted to express my view that 'education' is a much broader notion than just obtaining a classroom certificate, as attested by so many muppets in public life who know very little about it away from their environment but think they are qualified to tell the world what's best for it.

Only people with a degree in Political Science or similar are capable of producing 'reports' on how 'walls don't work' to cite an example, my ancestors would just see that as a stupid thing to say but that's the thing: they weren't educated.

I don't know what you want me to 'tell', if there's anything you'd like to know just ask but this isn't My Life.
oh, I was just curious to know what the "different kind of education" your older family members got?
RiaWombat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Both my parents have PHDs and work as academics. It’s great because I’m going to have a lot of help applying to uni and they have encouraged me to read a lot and take school seriously, but even though they say they don’t mind how I do in exams I feel a lot of pressure to live up to them.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure they love you very much, whatever you do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (129)
24.02%
Pop (125)
23.28%
Jazz (24)
4.47%
Classical (29)
5.4%
Hip-Hop (99)
18.44%