The Student Room Group

Gcse 2020 summer revision

Hey guys! Sadly reality has hit me and I've realised that GCSES aren't so far away anymore...I've decided to start revising this summer.

How much will you guys be revising/will you be revising at all?
Also I need some good youtubers to help with History and Geography..

As a side note - is anyone taking Environmental Science as an AS? Please PM me ASAP if you are .
Original post by MoreThanThis11
Hey guys! Sadly reality has hit me and I've realised that GCSES aren't so far away anymore...I've decided to start revising this summer.

As a side note - is anyone taking Environmental Science as an AS? Please PM me ASAP if you are .

First of all I’d like say is, good luck! You will succeed if you’re starting your revision and being proactive.

I have just finished my GCSEs, and honestly they were okay. A few bumps along the way as expected. For geography, I used primrose kitten as a summary video for AQA paper 1. I believe she’s only made one paper so far? Additionally, what exam board are you doing? For history, I mainly used my revision book rather than videos as I couldn’t find enough content based videos that would have been helpful to me. The notes I had made in lesson were then converted into mind maps for each time frame. After completing my revision prep, I’d complete questions on this to test that I can recall my knowledge. <- if I didn’t do well on a specific test, I’d go back and revise again by using a different revision technique.

Have you created a revision timetable to plan out all your subjects for the upcoming terms? Remember to space out your revision. Don’t revise all of science in one day! It’ll tire you out, and won’t be effective to you. I’d advise trying to do at least three different subjects when you’re doing a day of revision-once you’re in year 11 perhaps.

I hope this helps! Good luck in the transition to year 11, you’ll be absolutely fine :smile:
Original post by MoreThanThis11

damn same cant believe its come so quickly ah , i literally have to idea how to start
Original post by lunariumxo
damn same cant believe its come so quickly ah , i literally have to idea how to start

You could start with just note taking from a revision book? And then doing mini tests? If this is way you like to revise. Or going through the specification for a single subject :smile:
Original post by Hazzabear
First of all I’d like say is, good luck! You will succeed if you’re starting your revision and being proactive.

I have just finished my GCSEs, and honestly they were okay. A few bumps along the way as expected. For geography, I used primrose kitten as a summary video for AQA paper 1. I believe she’s only made one paper so far? Additionally, what exam board are you doing? For history, I mainly used my revision book rather than videos as I couldn’t find enough content based videos that would have been helpful to me. The notes I had made in lesson were then converted into mind maps for each time frame. After completing my revision prep, I’d complete questions on this to test that I can recall my knowledge. <- if I didn’t do well on a specific test, I’d go back and revise again by using a different revision technique.

Have you created a revision timetable to plan out all your subjects for the upcoming terms? Remember to space out your revision. Don’t revise all of science in one day! It’ll tire you out, and won’t be effective to you. I’d advise trying to do at least three different subjects when you’re doing a day of revision-once you’re in year 11 perhaps.

I hope this helps! Good luck in the transition to year 11, you’ll be absolutely fine :smile:

thanks for the tips! I'm AQA for geography.
Yeah I'm going to try doing a few subjects a day for an hour each and I've also created a timetable to help myself.
When would you say I should start SERIOUSLY doing hardcore revision?

Quick Reply