Motivation to study Watch

vix.xvi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't have much motivation to study.....I know I should start studying but I don't have the motivation to- I truly want to get good grades but I don't know what for? If that makes sense. I've not been doing any work for the last two months as I was taking a break...but it's been two months and I've lost motivation... I dont know what I'm studying for...if that makes sense. like I don't have goal sl....please give me advice or motivation

Tinkywinky01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel the same way. But just remember; drink water, take a walk then come back and work in silence in a closed room. It will only help you in the future, otherwise the world is a dark place
requisjr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
I don't have much motivation to study.....I know I should start studying but I don't have the motivation to- I truly want to get good grades but I don't know what for? If that makes sense. I've not been doing any work for the last two months as I was taking a break...but it's been two months and I've lost motivation... I dont know what I'm studying for...if that makes sense. like I don't have goal sl....please give me advice or motivation
I guess you just gotta think about the bigger picture. Maybe take some time to write down in a notebook on your goals for the future. Make sure these are things that excites you but are beneficial to you at the same time. For example; what job you want in the future, do you want a family, want money and financial stability in the future etc. You could read through these every time you feel de-motivated just to give you a boost. Try to remember that you get out what you put in so get your head down now and work hard and you can relax later in life. hmu if you need any more advice bro
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
good grades'll help you a lot in stepping stones later in your life, and if you build a good work ethic now it'll likely be easier to maintain this in your further years of study; there's no time like the present. if you have no idea of what you want to do in the future, just think about how good grades may make it easier for you to find the right jobs in the future, and allow you to have a more independent life.
no one can force you to have motivation, it will come down to you at the end of the day sitting on that desk and just trying to study. it's hard to get back into the swing of things after a break, but you'll thank yourself later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.24%
Worried (264)
18.75%
Terrified (328)
23.3%
Meh (113)
8.03%
Confused (33)
2.34%