Result Watch

Muhtasim Ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi Everyone ,
I finally finished my LLB from City with 2.1 . However, the thing is I got 60.56 % which is a borderline 2.1 so I was wondering what are the chances of me getting pupillage . Mind you that I am suffering from OCD and during the assessment the condition got worsened but despite that I was able to secure a 2.1. The university has allowed me to resit exams but my parents advised me not to do it as I have already secured Upper Division. I know I had the potential to get more than 60% so don’t know whether not resiting exams is a good idea. I will be starting my BPTC at City from this September. So any suggestions will be helpful as I am bit confused with my future prospects. Thanks.
usayed1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most or nearly all firms, big firms accept a 2.1 as a criteria. If you have the relevant work experience and complete your LPC; I’m sure you will be able to secure your pupillage. Nows the time to apply or get as much experience as possible. Hope this helps ☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by usayed1)
Most or nearly all firms, big firms accept a 2.1 as a criteria. If you have the relevant work experience and complete your LPC; I’m sure you will be able to secure your pupillage. Nows the time to apply or get as much experience as possible. Hope this helps ☺️
It's best if you learn the difference between solicitor and barrister before you give advice to others
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhtasim Ali)
Hi Everyone ,
I finally finished my LLB from City with 2.1 . However, the thing is I got 60.56 % which is a borderline 2.1 so I was wondering what are the chances of me getting pupillage . Mind you that I am suffering from OCD and during the assessment the condition got worsened but despite that I was able to secure a 2.1. The university has allowed me to resit exams but my parents advised me not to do it as I have already secured Upper Division. I know I had the potential to get more than 60% so don’t know whether not resiting exams is a good idea. I will be starting my BPTC at City from this September. So any suggestions will be helpful as I am bit confused with my future prospects. Thanks.
The majority of Chambers do not ask for a breakdown of your undergraduate grades. So a 60.56% 2:1 is the same as a 69% 2:1. There is therefore no need to retake any exams in the hope of securing slightly higher grades, because they make no difference. You also do not need to provide extenuating circumstances, because you have nothing that you need to explain.

In terms of getting pupillage, getting a 2:1 ticks a box, but it's impossible to form any view on your prospects of getting pupillage without knowing what is on your application form besides that grade. In isolation, a 2:1 is fine.
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by usayed1)
To follow up on what Johan has said, solicitors work in firms, and the LPC is a course that you do before starting a training contract at a firm of solicitors. Barristers work in chambers (also called 'sets'), and the BPTC is a course that you do before starting a pupillage at a barristers' chambers.

It's great that you want to help people, but giving out advice when you do not know what you are talking about is not only not helpful, it is potentially harmful. Just taking this post as an example, a person could decide to spend tens of thousands of pounds and several years of their life chasing pupillage based on you being "sure" they'll be able to get it, when all along they may simply not have been good enough. Now in that scenario the person making that decision would be primarily responsible for doing something so significant on the day so of a single anonymous post, but the whole reason why you give advice is for it to be followed. If you don't have the knowledge to give that advice, don't give it.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
It's best if you learn the difference between solicitor and barrister before you give advice to others
The "hope this helps" curse strikes again
LpoolLawStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muhtasim Ali)
Hi Everyone ,
Completely unrelated to what you're asking, but I'm curious how serious your OCD is, and how you manage it when it comes to stressful situations?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (70)
14.14%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.99%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (196)
39.6%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.25%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.67%