The Student Room Group

Universal Credit if my partner is a student

My partner is a full time student and receives student finance. We’ve had a baby and I am out of work and we have rent, £300 bills per month, £250 household bills, food shop blah blah, the usual. I’m staying at home to look after the baby and the entitled to calculator doesn’t factor in students. Are we/am I able to receive universal credit or any benefits? Just wondered how it’s worked out Thanks
Original post by NC505
My partner is a full time student and receives student finance. We’ve had a baby and I am out of work and we have rent, £300 bills per month, £250 household bills, food shop blah blah, the usual. I’m staying at home to look after the baby and the entitled to calculator doesn’t factor in students. Are we/am I able to receive universal credit or any benefits? Just wondered how it’s worked out Thanks

I believe you are able to as you have a child, if he gets a maintenance loan, they take that off uc as earnings ( i believe they don't count £100 of it but can't find the info specifically anywhere) but not a special support loan. could be worth speaking to the citizen advice bureau for a more accurate idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending