The Student Room Group

GCSE

How do I make a revision timetable/study plan?
How many times do I revise a topic?
I have 8 subjects and a lot of topics within them.
How do I organise what to revise and when to revise and when to repeat?
Advise?
I really need some help!
Are youwanting a timetable for the summer or for when your back at school ?
Hello, first of all, don't panic! You can break down your revision simply. I've just finished year 11, so i'll try give you some of my advice and tips

Firstly, I used https://getrevising.co.uk/planner to create a revision timetable. It's easy to use and I was able to add all of my extracurricular activities on top of revision sessions. And it's also apart of the student room. I'd suggest writing down all your subjects and then ranking them from one being the one you find the easiest to manage/study and then the eighth being the one you struggle with and you know you've got to work slightly harder on to succeed in.

For science, break down each subject (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) into paper 1 and paper 2. <- You can do this for other subjects such as history (I think there's 3/4 papers for history) and geography (3 papers).

When you're doing a full day of revision; aim to have at least 4 different subjects on your timetable. Use the 'Pomodoro Technique' to keep yourself focused ( https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique ). After doing 25 minutes, have a short break and then repeat for a whole hour. Once you've completed a whole hour on bioenergetics for example, have another break but this time a longer one. Afterwards, go onto something like maths. You only need to revise a specific subject in till you've fully understood it. Do a test on the knowledge you've learnt before finishing. In addition, when you're revising in the day don't do the same subject for the whole time! This won't be helpful nor effective.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message me if you need any additional help or support. Good luck . (I wasn't sure if the other post loaded or not)
Original post by samela786
Advise?
I really need some help!
For during the summer I normally create a timetable like a school day so do work from 9-3 with specific breaks and lunch
Reply 4
Original post by Hazzabear
Hello, first of all, don't panic! You can break down your revision simply. I've just finished year 11, so i'll try give you some of my advice and tips

Firstly, I used https://getrevising.co.uk/planner to create a revision timetable. It's easy to use and I was able to add all of my extracurricular activities on top of revision sessions. And it's also apart of the student room. I'd suggest writing down all your subjects and then ranking them from one being the one you find the easiest to manage/study and then the eighth being the one you struggle with and you know you've got to work slightly harder on to succeed in.

For science, break down each subject (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) into paper 1 and paper 2. <- You can do this for other subjects such as history (I think there's 3/4 papers for history) and geography (3 papers).

When you're doing a full day of revision; aim to have at least 4 different subjects on your timetable. Use the 'Pomodoro Technique' to keep yourself focused ( https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique ). After doing 25 minutes, have a short break and then repeat for a whole hour. Once you've completed a whole hour on bioenergetics for example, have another break but this time a longer one. Afterwards, go onto something like maths. You only need to revise a specific subject in till you've fully understood it. Do a test on the knowledge you've learnt before finishing. In addition, when you're revising in the day don't do the same subject for the whole time! This won't be helpful nor effective.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message me if you need any additional help or support. Good luck . (I wasn't sure if the other post loaded or not)

Thank you so much, This will help me a lot.
Original post by Delilah23
For during the summer I normally create a timetable like a school day so do work from 9-3 with specific breaks and lunch
Reply 5
The other post loaded aswell.
Thank you so much, I replied on the other one 2
Original post by Hazzabear

I would suggest getting a little notebook to note down specific topics to cover/ you didnt that day, it helped me feel much less stressed bcos at least I knew what I was/wasnt missing. definitely rank the subjects and prioritise( you can always change these priorities). I would always put something I enjoyed more after a tough subject as motivation to finish, and start my day with the harder one, that way I could also come back to it later if needed.
honestly revision is personal and u really do have to figure out what works for you, but the sooner you just start, the sooner u can figure it out , you can always change ur revision plan/style etc , just get started :smile:
Original post by samela786
Advise?
I really need some help!
Reply 7
Thanks!
The writing topics on the notebook thing is a great Idea.
Could also work for me 2.
Thanks again.
Original post by younglove22
I would suggest getting a little notebook to note down specific topics to cover/ you didnt that day, it helped me feel much less stressed bcos at least I knew what I was/wasnt missing. definitely rank the subjects and prioritise( you can always change these priorities). I would always put something I enjoyed more after a tough subject as motivation to finish, and start my day with the harder one, that way I could also come back to it later if needed.
honestly revision is personal and u really do have to figure out what works for you, but the sooner you just start, the sooner u can figure it out , you can always change ur revision plan/style etc , just get started :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest