The Student Room Group

I need help!Please!Has anyone got any advice for me?

How do I make a revision timetable/study plan?
How many times do I revise a topic?
I have 8 subjects and a lot of topics within them.
How do I organise what to revise and when to revise and when to repeat?
Advise?
I really need some help!
okay just call me Mike. let me see how i can help.
Back in my GCSE days i had 11 subjects to cover. What i did was in a week which has 7 days . i had a morning and evening setion of revising such that i could rest and as well have fun with my friends. I had 4 subjects which i thought were difficult so i seperated on my reading plan so they don't clash on the same day. The subjects i was good at such as maths was put on the evening setion so i could easy finish a go to bed. I did most of the covering in the morning setions and that was it: i was fine and i made all my 11 papers with 10 a's and 1 b. you can do same.
Original post by samela786
Advise?
I really need some help!
Hello, first of all, don't panic! You can break down your revision simply. I've just finished year 11, so i'll try give you some of my advice and tips

Firstly, I used https://getrevising.co.uk/planner to create a revision timetable. It's easy to use and I was able to add all of my extracurricular activities on top of revision sessions. And it's also apart of the student room. I'd suggest writing down all your subjects and then ranking them from one being the one you find the easiest to manage/study and then the eighth being the one you struggle with and you know you've got to work slightly harder on to succeed in.

For science, break down each subject (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) into paper 1 and paper 2. <- You can do this for other subjects such as history (I think there's 3/4 papers for history) and geography (3 papers).

When you're doing a full day of revision; aim to have at least 4 different subjects on your timetable. Use the 'Pomodoro Technique' to keep yourself focused ( https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique ). After doing 25 minutes, have a short break and then repeat for a whole hour. Once you've completed a whole hour on bioenergetics for example, have another break but this time a longer one. Afterwards, go onto something like maths. You only need to revise a specific subject in till you've fully understood it. Do a test on the knowledge you've learnt before finishing. In addition, when you're revising in the day don't do the same subject for the whole time! This won't be helpful nor effective.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message me if you need any additional help or support. Good luck :smile:

Original post by samela786
Advise?
I really need some help!
Reply 3
Original post by Forkum Michael
okay just call me Mike. let me see how i can help.
Back in my GCSE days i had 11 subjects to cover. What i did was in a week which has 7 days . i had a morning and evening setion of revising such that i could rest and as well have fun with my friends. I had 4 subjects which i thought were difficult so i seperated on my reading plan so they don't clash on the same day. The subjects i was good at such as maths was put on the evening setion so i could easy finish a go to bed. I did most of the covering in the morning setions and that was it: i was fine and i made all my 11 papers with 10 a's and 1 b. you can do same.

Thank you so much.
Your feedback means a lot.
I think that could work for me too.
Reply 4
Hey, Thank you so much for taking the time to give me all of this advice.
This advice is amazing and I'm sure I'm going to act on it.
You commented on both of my threads(made 2 as I wasn't getting any feedback), thanks a lot once again.

Original post by Hazzabear
Hello, first of all, don't panic! You can break down your revision simply. I've just finished year 11, so i'll try give you some of my advice and tips

Firstly, I used https://getrevising.co.uk/planner to create a revision timetable. It's easy to use and I was able to add all of my extracurricular activities on top of revision sessions. And it's also apart of the student room. I'd suggest writing down all your subjects and then ranking them from one being the one you find the easiest to manage/study and then the eighth being the one you struggle with and you know you've got to work slightly harder on to succeed in.

For science, break down each subject (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) into paper 1 and paper 2. <- You can do this for other subjects such as history (I think there's 3/4 papers for history) and geography (3 papers).

When you're doing a full day of revision; aim to have at least 4 different subjects on your timetable. Use the 'Pomodoro Technique' to keep yourself focused ( https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique ). After doing 25 minutes, have a short break and then repeat for a whole hour. Once you've completed a whole hour on bioenergetics for example, have another break but this time a longer one. Afterwards, go onto something like maths. You only need to revise a specific subject in till you've fully understood it. Do a test on the knowledge you've learnt before finishing. In addition, when you're revising in the day don't do the same subject for the whole time! This won't be helpful nor effective.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message me if you need any additional help or support. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest