Changing the subject (from History to Philosophy) Watch

Womble67uk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I am thinking of applying to do a PhD in Philosophy (with the University of Birmingham via distance learning). However, although I have an A Level in Philosophy (grade D, attained in 1992), both my first degree, which I passed in 1995 (2:2) and my Masters, which I passed last year with distinction, are in History.
So, my question is: How likely it is that I will be accepted onto a PhD course in Philosophy when my degree and MA are both in History?
Thanks.
Last edited by Womble67uk; 2 months ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Womble67uk)
Hi, I am thinking of applying to do a PhD in Philosophy (with the University of Birmingham via distance learning). However, although I have an A Level in Philosophy (grade D, attained in 1992), both my first degree, which I passed in 1995 (2:2) and my Masters, which I passed last year with distinction, are in History.
So, my question is: How likely it is that I will be accepted onto a PhD course in Philosophy when my degree and MA are both in History?
Thanks.
What does it say on the entrance requirements?
Have you talked to admissions?
Surely the people best places to answer are Birmingham?
molliemashaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you have any ideas yet for a PhD proposal? In my view ( as a philosophy grad, soon to undertake a philosophy MA) whether the topic of your PhD fits in with the department's research interests is pretty important. As you may already know, Birmingham require a MA in a
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads