The Student Room Group

How does printing work at the University of Sheffield?

I was just wondering how printing works at uni. Do you get given credit that you can spend on printing in libraries? How much does printing cost? Thank you 😊
Original post by Cazzabaijan
I was just wondering how printing works at uni. Do you get given credit that you can spend on printing in libraries? How much does printing cost? Thank you 😊

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/cics/students/print-copy-scan
Reply 2

Sorry I only just saw this, thank you so much!
You login to MUSE and can just pay on a debit/credit card. I think you start off with Β£2 by default.

There are student printers everywhere (ish). The main pitfall/things to know is that they try and encourage you to print double sided and that colour costs a lot more.

There are some printers that are staff only, but you're actually quite unlikely to come across these. If it isn't a big bulky printer which looks like a student printer then it isn't. The staff ones tend to be a bit smaller and seconded away in random places.
Reply 4
Original post by marinade
You login to MUSE and can just pay on a debit/credit card. I think you start off with Β£2 by default.

There are student printers everywhere (ish). The main pitfall/things to know is that they try and encourage you to print double sided and that colour costs a lot more.

There are some printers that are staff only, but you're actually quite unlikely to come across these. If it isn't a big bulky printer which looks like a student printer then it isn't. The staff ones tend to be a bit smaller and seconded away in random places.

Thank you!!
Original post by Cazzabaijan
Thank you!!

If you have a mobile phone that uses android 8 or 9 my advice would be to look up stuff on wireless at the uni - eduroam.

Quick Reply

Latest