Josh5718
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I did the EPQ in Year 12 and was awarded a B but only 2 marks off an A. My project is yet to be moderated but I doubt it’ll go up. My project title was ‘To what extent is human impact responsible for the demise of the Great Barrier Reef in the last 20 years’. This is no where near linked to my degree choice (English Literature and Spanish).

Should I do it again and this time base it on my degree choice so I can actually use it resourcefully in my personal statement and to achieve a higher grade. I know exactly where I fell and that’s in the essay which was too scientific and thus not the debate they were looking for. I don’t know why I chose to focus on science because if I’m being honest I really dislike STEM. The Great Barrier Reef has just always been a keen interest of mine.
Hammad(214508)
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really depends on what Uni you are trying to get into and their grade requirements. If you think you might struggle to get in and do it, deffo helps in the personal statements/ interviews or even lower the grade requirements . If it if just 2 marks, get it remarked or something . Languages and essay sort of things are quite subjective
If you think you can get into Uni you want anyway and have enough stuff for the PS then don't bother, and focus on A-levels. But you are doing languages so I guess it's not too hard for you to write 5k words?
Last edited by Hammad(214508); 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
15.83%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.5%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (37)
30.83%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (23)
19.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise